Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Reloading textures and sounds  (Read 6408 times)

M7

Reloading textures and sounds
« on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:01 am »

Is it possible to force a reload of textures and sounds without quiting the game? I know that would be usefull to see how texture map or sound  look ingame while working on these with another program (photoshop, audicity). Atm, i need to reload the game for every change i make in the texture or sound.

I presume it is not possible but it cost nothing to ask... never know!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Reloading textures and sounds
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 12:13:45 pm »

I think I asked for this a while back for more ease when modifying the Matlib.. Don't remember the response.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

angrypig

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 12:37:54 pm »

It is possible, the texture reload feature is already there but it needs a little bit work. Sounds can be reloaded with script reload is it ok?

M7

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:55:37 pm »

Do you mean a script that would automaticly exit the game, reload the game and reload the last spawned object? If so, then yes that would help.

M7

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 12:59:00 pm »

oh i think i know what you mean. a window in game like the JS where i could run the script to reload the sound? That would be great!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 01:19:01 pm »

Sounds are loaded by the script, so the script reload should reload them as well. However, there is a bug in the latest (3673) version that just appends the sound buffers instead of replacing them.

M7

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 01:47:23 pm »

Good to know that it is suppose to work. Will wait for the next update to try it. Thanks!

M7

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 01:57:43 pm »

Looks like textures do reload fine. It probably did when i first posted this. I think i was actually making changes in the  .matlib and expect the texture/color to reload.

Now that i understand how it works, have to say it very cool to have the texture reload whenever i update them in photoshop. Makes experimentation with texture much less of a pain. Guess I could do without a matlib reloader now, though would still be cool to have it.

It's pretty nice the effect that can be achieved with all the possible texture on the same surface, even without UV.

Now looking forward to get the reload option on sound!

M7

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 01:14:43 pm »

Looks like textures cant reload anymore when freshly saved in photoshop. Have to reloading Outerra every time. That was so cool when it worked. Wish you guys will be able to put it back .