Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Warnings when importing objects  (Read 7475 times)

monks

Warnings when importing objects
« on: May 08, 2013, 03:51:38 pm »

I get 3 separate warnings, all of the format: Warning :widget "import" doesn't have refcount 1, possible leak!
 for import, builder and sandbox_menu"
 All I'm doing is importing and placing an opencollada dae from Max 2013. It's not caused any problems as far as I can see, but just thought I'd let you know.

monks

Jagerbomber

Re: Warnings when importing objects
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 05:23:29 pm »

I'm getting that first one as well, but it happens when I bring up the menu.  And around when it happens is when my framerate tanks from an average 45fps to 14fps.  :-[
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

angrypig

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:12:23 am »

you don't have to care about the warning...

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 05:54:13 pm »

Well what's causing my framerate to tank?  I can't seem to figure out the cause because when it happens is fairly inconsistent.  It sticks around for a while.  Generally until you like... fly away to a different location, but if you go back to the spot that it started, then things are fine again. ?

At first I thought it was because of the tatra with a bed, because that's generally when it keeps happening the most, but then it happened when I opened the menu, but hadn't spawned anything yet.  And it doesn't stop if you close the menu.  I don't know... It's all over the place, but happens pretty often.

Honestly I still think there's some (inconsistent... somehow) performance issue with roads somewhere.  I mentioned it a long time ago.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:59:52 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

monks

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 06:20:07 pm »

I've not had any slow downs in my machine but then I'm in the Builder when I've had the messages so I'm not flying around.

monks

Jagerbomber

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 06:28:00 pm »

Yeah, I'm not going very far either.  Just laying out the roads in my town and driving them with the tatras.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 11:45:08 pm »

When I bring up the road editor the wireframe causes my frames to die.. Only a restart fixes it and it will re-occur when I try to edit.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 12:46:52 am »

The slowdowns usually happen when the GPU runs out of memory and starts swapping with the main memory. That may happen when you have just 512MB and use higher terrain quality settings. Some models are quite big too.

The road editor vs the older ATI series - I noticed that too, but as far as I can tell, it's just another odd thing on those old series.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 12:51:13 am »

1280mb on my Nvidia card (+ 8GB of RAM), but my terrain is at 1080, or the highest.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 12:54:05 am »

Did you also adjust some of the limit sliders on the right?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 06:07:15 pm »

Nope.

It happens when I'm still and not flying around.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 01:09:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm getting fairly certain that my performance issue has something to do with something linked to the Tatra with a bed and motion.  I don't know what it is, but it happens most of the time, but not every time, and stops when the Tatra is parked.  This does not seem to happen with the one without a bed.

I'm not really having any luck finding more consistent details.  :-\  I make a road, spawn the Tatra with bed and move it, and my framerate drops to 15.  But not every time...

At first I was wondering if it depended on the time of day (and how much of the 3D grass the shadow was hitting), but that doesn't seem to be it either.  Maybe my GPU IS running out of memory?  Maybe I'll check to see if I can find a good program to see what it's doing with my GPU and see if there's anything odd.

I used to have RivaTuner, but that stopped being updated in 2009.  Any suggestions?

Edit:  Just quickly tried GPU-Z, and just running Outerra nearly maxes out my GPU memory and GPU load with no framerate issues.  That's not very helpful...  :-\
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:33:52 pm by Jagerbomber »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 02:10:10 pm »

Does it happen on lower terrain settings, like 720p?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 06:36:28 pm »

I'll try testing that out when I can.