Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Reactions with Oculus Rift  (Read 11660 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Reactions with Oculus Rift
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 12:46:59 am »

Oh my ... i was a fan of keyboards on mobiles. They killed them pretty badly ... and now my PC keyboard ! Where does it end ? ... ... ... ... can we get this work whyte OT to drive the cars ? Maybe reaching for buttons around the steering wheel ? (sound of a keyboard flying out of the second floor window M. Jordan style into the outside trash can) ... i want this to control my Grad !

Well, would be interesting to make a complex simmer interface whyte this thingy. Seems, the world as we know it will end ... at the same time, the cam FPS seem to be nice for Homemade Bullet-capture, anyone knows the other cam-parameters ? AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING !!! ... we can make an animation creation interface whyte this. Just think that your hands would be acting in game as they really fly around the space before the screen, maybe even a grip system (so guns/things would be grabbed for realz in mid air befront of your screen by you (maybe remake of the surgeons sim. to be feasible whyte this)) ... so much potential - even blender/3DSM users could have an sculpture tool based on this - that would seriously turn the "back to real sculpting and laser-scanning" trend in modeling !!!! Or just adding into it.   ... mechanical applications in robotics all around the fields ...

It would be interesting to recombination the two things, so just one detector box would be there for both facing you from the screen .. they should start work together.

... oh my. I have to shut down my brain again, before it burns out. :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:17:37 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

jaswane

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 06:31:31 am »

Outerra is by far the best software to use Oculus Rift on today I think. I have tried a lot of demos for the Rift uptil now but yesterday when I tried Outerra for the first time and could fly around with a jet fighter it was really funny and awesome. :) Would like to see a F16 so maybe I'll make that. I also have a few nice models of ships which could be cool.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 06:32:14 pm »

Friend works at best buy.. Sent me this today.

*image*

Unless you are the most careless person in the world and you need 11 spares, can I have one? :P ;)
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

aWac9

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 12:07:23 pm »

oculus fever has spread to the smartphone:
new ideas approximate to 100 €:
http://www.vrase.com/
new ideas approximate the free (durovis dive)
http://www.durovis.com/index.html
 http://www.divegames.com/index.html

;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:17:10 pm by aWac9 »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 09:32:28 pm »

Interview with John Carmack, from ID Software (Doom, RAGE, etc) who is now working at Oculus, about the possible future of the Rift.
He says new dev kit coming and perhaps runs on Android.  They're also working on positional tracking.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/18/oculus-rift-john-carmack-interview/
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P
Pages: 1 [2]