Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Creating mods for Outerra  (Read 23967 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Creating mods for Outerra
« on: May 21, 2013, 02:43:09 am »

To import a model, please see the documentation here: wiki:Importer and consult/seek help in the Importer, tools & Utilities board.

After you finish importing and tweaking your model, you should export it as an otx package, to make the installation easy for other users.

To pack the model, please first create a thumbnail image for it, giving it the same name as the objdef, but with the gif extension. The thumbnail file should be a gif image in resolution 64x36.
Then, inside the game, go to the object window, select the model and press export. You will be asked to select the destination folder where the Outerra model package file will be written. The file name will be in the format package.nickname.otx

The otx file contains your zipped model with all the necessary files. Anteworld registers itself as a handler of otx files, so other users just have to click on the file and let it be installed by Anteworld automatically.

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
Re: Creating mods for Outerra
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 07:08:33 am »

Hi Cameni,

Long time since I posted but a regular lurker, thank you for the new update, it really is very impressive!

Are there any instructions on how to import a tracked vehicle, I had a quick look on the WiKi but I did not find anything.

jeff

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Creating mods for Outerra
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 10:49:16 am »

You can import it normally as any other vehicle, with bones for wheels and turret etc, but after the import you need to check the scripts for the tank we added with the latest release and define tracks for your vehicle similarly - as groups of wheels, specifying the object to use for the link element.