Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Vehicle Requests Thread  (Read 151536 times)

bugsblake

• jedi master
Re: Vehicle Requests Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2014, 04:29:32 am »

hi all! i was wondering, does anyone here still have the trans am i made for outerra? my 500gb harddrive died on me a month or so back and i lost a sh*t load of stuff! all my models, textures and code from about 5 years worth of work all gone with no back ups! :( the thread i made for the trans am here is gone too but cam says nothing has been taken down, so god knows why that thread is missing from the site? anyway if anyone still has the file would you mind exporting it and uploading it somewhere for me! would mean a lot as it was my fav car i made for outerra! fingers crossed someone here still has it! thanks guys :)
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2014, 05:09:25 am »

hi all! i was wondering, does anyone here still have the trans am i made for outerra? my 500gb harddrive died on me a month or so back and i lost a sh*t load of stuff! all my models, textures and code from about 5 years worth of work all gone with no back ups! :( the thread i made for the trans am here is gone too but cam says nothing has been taken down, so god knows why that thread is missing from the site? anyway if anyone still has the file would you mind exporting it and uploading it somewhere for me! would mean a lot as it was my fav car i made for outerra! fingers crossed someone here still has it! thanks guys :)

... oh man. Hats down for that unfortune ...is it physically damaged, or non-responsive ? Software like AcronisDirectorSuite could maybe help recover at least some stuff.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2014, 07:00:57 am »

yh its dead! tried to just connect the power with no data cable and that should spin it up no matter what settings ur pc are on, but nothing! no spin, no clicking, nothing! cant get anything back if the drive wont spin up! tried the old knock off the wall trick too in case it was jammed somehow but that didnt help! so i just see it as its dead and not much i can do about it! :(

i see on the net that there is a small chance that if i replace the pcb with an identicle one i may be able to get it running long enough to back it up, but thats if it IS the pcb and not the motor! even then there is no guarantee swapping the pcb will work! sux, but my fault for not backing it up sooner!
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

PytonPago

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2014, 09:42:42 am »

Damn sad thing - know there are people who can disassemble an HDD and get the data from the discs anyway, but thats an Google corp. paycheck level.  :-\ 

I always had my stuff on two HDDs or at least an USBstick for such reasons (but mostly, cause i change my modells really a lot and sometime i do something stupid and save it for some reason like that ...). But, just now crossed my mind - Linux has some else way to work whyte HDDs - its a probably no-solution try if really there is something whyte wiring to the motor or chips on the disk circuit, but its still a try worth if something can be salvaged. Try the life-version Ubuntu and look at discs trough the disc-manager ... i hope it kicks in at least for something ...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:51:28 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2014, 10:37:46 am »

That sucks! happen to me twice. I dont recall to ever seen a thread or model of a trans am. I thought i have all the models you shared shared .

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2014, 11:43:37 am »

yh thx guys! its the car in the tut vid i uploaded here a while back. so it was defo finished..... in fact.......(pops to facebook) yh, i got a pic of it in game! if anyone still has this car please re upload it for me! i also noticed now that im also missing the camero off the end of that pic too! no thread here on site for that too? so if anyone has that could they re upload it please! thanks people :)
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2014, 02:26:43 pm »

I don't have the GTO TransAm or the Camaro. I feel left out.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2014, 11:21:29 pm »

Damn that sucks to hear bugsblake. The only cars I have from you are the;

* Dodge_Charger_1969
* Dodge_Viper_2013
* EVOIX
* ford mustang bullet2
* Pontiac_GTO_1965

I hadn't got around to getting anything else. Now I am wishing I had.

Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2014, 03:01:05 am »

thanks anyway guys! i managed to get my MQ-9 Reaper i started back off mediafire as i uploaded it to get help with landing gear! not sure if i still have the max file in that folder, not checked yet, but would be nice to get that finished!

my cars that are missing from here are also missing from mediafire! so im wondering if the models i used were copywrighted and was taken down? but even if that was the case, cam should have known about this and would have explained the missing pages here! but no such luck! anyway i got a mate gonna send me some more models soon so lets see what he has for me and ill prob knock up a few more! :)
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

PytonPago

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2014, 03:52:13 am »

Some upload sites have kinda "cloudy expiration dates" when it comes to out-of income stuff and not much downloaded stuff ... stable stashes might be better (i experience those expiration often on my own work stuff).

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2014, 06:35:14 am »

As far as I know no threads were deleted on this forum, are you sure they were posted in their own separate topics here?

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2014, 09:53:19 am »

i cant even remember tbh, was so long ago! not to worry anyway, if they gone not much i can do about it! might be able to get my hands on the models again, will have to rig them all again too though! see how it goes.
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

PytonPago

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2014, 11:58:21 am »

i cant even remember tbh, was so long ago! not to worry anyway

The search engine didn't find it on some names ? I know, their were posted in times, where much of forum-section systematization wasn't very "in". It could be lurking somewhere in depths of the draining shadows of all those vile quotes and posts ... hope, they are (specially that the upload servicer didnt delete it) ...

P.S.: Its good to save the uploaded file-sites somewhere in a text document and check them form time to time too. Was a help for me several times.

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2014, 11:48:38 pm »

Bugsblake, if you have trouble finding a permanent storage solution for you models, I have a website that wont expire until 2023. Its on a 10-year unlimited plan (bandwidth/storage etc) so if you want I can keep a mirror copy of any models to be available online if you wish to make models available in the future. Ofcourse there are always sites like Google Drive. Which as far as I know doesn't expire. Your call either way mate :)

I know what its like to lose files. I had a harddisk die last year that held a lot of my programming, website development and 3D modelling project files and all my personal files dating back as far as 2002. It wasn't the first time I lost huge amounts of data but boy was I pissed. Angry with myself more then anything for not keeping a backup.

Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2014, 09:38:32 pm »

Check this thing out..

I want one!`
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11