Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Vehicle Requests Thread  (Read 151597 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Vehicle Requests Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2014, 10:23:45 pm »

Check this thing out..

I want one!`

... seems to me as a rip-off of a older soviet design large heavy-lift airship.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2014, 03:09:45 am »

OK, this one.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Fighter117

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2014, 08:00:07 am »

Ok, i would see à P-1000 ratte in the game !  ;)

And maybe à Half-track...  ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:02:24 am by Fighter117 »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2014, 01:09:56 pm »

This is the only Engine I would ever want such preposterously large vehicles in because I won't run out of map space and the landscape is realistic so plotting a course around or through a mountain pass would be insanely fun. Especially if you had a multi-player crew. Engineers running around and gunners and SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHH.. My perfect game.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2014, 11:40:25 am »

This is the only Engine I would ever want such preposterously large vehicles in because I won't run out of map space and the landscape is realistic so plotting a course around or through a mountain pass would be insanely fun. Especially if you had a multi-player crew. Engineers running around and gunners and SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHH.. My perfect game.

... also, its really awesome to have a big-ass truck fitted whyte a turret mounted ... over-sized shotgun? :D Its a really nice artwork you posted, know the creator/post url ? 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:42:10 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Planets

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2014, 12:38:47 pm »

This is the only Engine I would ever want such preposterously large vehicles in because I won't run out of map space and the landscape is realistic

Now you're making me imagine driving the Sandcrawler across the Sahara...

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2014, 01:36:16 pm »

Still think if I were a Billionaire I would live on the back of a modified ETF Truck.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 01:48:20 pm by ZeosPantera »

Haydz192

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2014, 03:25:30 pm »

A Ford Raptor would be amazing! It's basically the only SUV/Pickup truck that I love, I'm pretty indifferent about other SUV's.
So yeah, a Ford Raptor would be nice.
Owns a Origin Jumpworks 300i in Star Citizen.

KWUEST

« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2014, 10:48:52 am »

TheLoneExplorer

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
― André Gide

M7

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2014, 10:50:20 pm »

Went to check the sketchup warehouse for a Churchill and there was actually a few of them, very detailed but no texture. If you want it i can make an OTX but it's without a script (static object)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2014, 12:47:42 am »

I want to have that tanks baby..

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THAT A DRIVABLE THING!! And animate the tracks for pete's sake.

PytonPago

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2014, 03:18:54 am »

DAMN RIGHT ! There must be a way to animate those tracks ! Maybe making some height function for single-tracks based on the leading wheel rotation (from one to 18-21 rotations, witch would be the number needed to go trough the whole track) corrected locally at the places of all the suspension wheels (certain leading wheel rotation values defined for each track-piece - maybe would need just an added constant for each piece while using the same function - that might work)  + a basic X-axle rotation + the same for Y forward to backward movement ... tanks would be a real eye-candy with such animation.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:21:06 am by PytonPago »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2014, 04:09:27 am »

Really the animation could be "faked" by just having a single section of the track move to the position of the next and then looping.

Honestly I know nothing about modeling or animation of this sort so I am talking out my ass.

PytonPago

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2014, 04:30:22 am »

Really the animation could be "faked" by just having a single section of the track move to the position of the next and then looping.

Honestly I know nothing about modeling or animation of this sort so I am talking out my ass.

... could be ... but not sure doe if a correction for the surface profile can be done this way. Animating theyr rotation in a simple loop is nice, but going over rocks is the biggest thing, that would move such a vehicle forward. Also, dont know if the incremental movement of the wheels is right for a single-track move (one cycle would be needed indeed). Fake wheels could be deployed all over the lower perimeter in addition to the real ones to make the "terrain acquisition" more correct, but there is still the little problem of pulling the tracks (if much bumps are under the track, the length of it can be too big and dis-connecting of the single tracks could occur, but maybe it wont be as bad and wouldn't be much visible at all)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:52:50 am by PytonPago »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11