Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: road tool new features?  (Read 3596 times)

bugsblake

• jedi master
road tool new features?
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:26:47 am »

hi not sure it this is in the right place as its an idea based on one of the tools? so sorry its it is and can be moved!

the road tool i see has a border that can be adjusted, very nice feature! but gave me a good idea! could you add another feature to handle curbs and pavements? because the way the you have the slant and hight adjustments already, you could do dropped curbs easy with this! not to mention higher curbs where needed!

having pavement options as well would make this one of the most advanced and easy to use road systems in use! from what ive seen anyway! could be wrong, dont hold me to that!

so any chance of having theses features added or maybe you had something like this in mind anyway? :D thanks
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

Jagerbomber

Re: road tool new features?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 12:39:39 pm »

Yeah, hope curbs will be added too.  I know more road types (or markings at least) will be coming eventually.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Woogey

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 04:24:07 pm »

To expand the road editor feature question further, are there any plans to offer aged concrete textures?  Attached is a photo of one of the ramps at Gray AAF on Ft. Lewis, WA State.  As an example, you can see the brand new concrete some aged, and some dirty, etc. 

Is it possible to layer a concrete texture?  (like you would for say an aircraft, and use the photoreal as the base for color only) I am new can you tell?  ;-)  I would like to avoid that brand new "clean" look if possible.  In my other simulator, in many instances, textures are the only difference between a good model, and a take your breath away, awe inspiring one. 

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:17:06 am »

I ran out of free bits in the current road node data, so I'll have to extend it. That will allow us to add more possibilities and make some things better. For example, the slant doesn't have sufficient precision to make a universal road joining, sides of the road must share width and border parameters etc.

The aging will be implemented later as well, it can actually age dynamically.

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 09:09:00 am »

thanks! sounds good. cant wait to see what you come up with! :)
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB