Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Planetary Annialation  (Read 4106 times)

Abc94

Planetary Annialation
« on: May 30, 2013, 12:29:03 am »

So about a few weeks ago I stumbled upon Planetary Annialation, the "successor to Total Annihilation" in case there are any TA or SupCom fans here, which I'm sure there are.  In fact, a lot of the dev team from TA and SupCom are working on this project.

Unsurprisingly, Planetary Annihilation seems to have a lot in common with these two games, where you have a commander, massive amounts of robots, simulated projectile physics (long range artillery could actually hit aircraft), and really huge maps for an rts (81km x 81km!).  However, the main difference here is that the map is instead a miniaturized solar system complete with actual spherical planets (and asteroids) that units can actually move around on.  Planets (and maps) will all be randomly generated, and extensive mod support is a high priority for the devs.  Quite excited for this project (Alpha begins June 7th :D).

I should also mention that this actually started out as a Kickstarter project, so I don't think this game's bottom line is going to be about maximizing profits.  That and the developers seems pretty awesome!  ;)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:39:02 am by Abc94 »
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Planetary Annialation
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 04:50:39 am »

Oh my ... smashing all around the solar system ! :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Foxiol

• Gamer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:15:18 am »

Really interesting one. I´ll keep an aye in it. ;)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 09:46:12 am »

It has to keep that cartoony look to garner my affection.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo