Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Giant craters forming forming when trying to place objects?  (Read 7061 times)

WormSlayer

• Half-Life VR

Just trying to place a static model and when I clicked to position the crosshair a *giant* crater formed? Assuming its a bug but would like the ability to make craters this big whenever I want! :D

Jagerbomber

Re: Giant craters forming forming when trying to place objects?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 11:46:52 pm »

I was wondering when this was gonna happen... XD XD XD

The crater goes away when you close Outerra.  Just FYI.

When placing the crosshair, make sure to have the menu open.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 05:50:54 am »

... just waiting for the Mother of Bombs to happen OT  ;D Or the Tzar Bomb ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 07:23:42 am »

please, don't give it more match, but that it  blow up all earth... :P
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 01:43:13 pm »

No need to worry too much ... 50 MTofTNT wasnt such a trouble to the earth crust ... doe it would be interesting if the 100 MT were done at last back then.

Kinda of idiotic time too the 50s/60s - sending motorized battalions to the epicenter after T-Zero not telling 20 years that they suffer greatly from it ...

Tunguska incident and similar (happening now and then every century somewhere) done more trouble, still the dinosaur destroyer too left just a small hole (relatively).
http://americanliberalprogressiveidea.blogspot.sk/2009/08/view-from-space-earths-astroid-impact.html

Would be interesting to simulate the Moon creation doe ... That would need a really sufficient AT bomb, or a great mass of antimatter. ... in that order, i think he should try place the ISS in Wyoming while it still works like that !! :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:04:07 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.