Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: First time launch = crash. Here's the report..  (Read 5061 times)

hashes

First time launch = crash. Here's the report..
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:43:14 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/?f863amreiomkmkn

Instant crash and error report..

hashes

Re: First time launch = crash. Here's the report..
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 04:58:26 pm »

I really hope someone can help me find a fix  :-\

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 05:12:10 pm »

The crash happens inside the AMD OpenGL driver, atioglxx.dll. I've seen this several times before, it's usually caused by a corrupted Catalyst installation or an interfering third party module.

In your log there are the following modules that inject into outerra.exe and may be causing some problems:
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\HydraVision\HydraDMH.dll (AMD, AMD HydraVision Desktop Manager), version 4.0.66
C:\Program Files (x86)\xNeat Clipboard Manager\xnRemote.dll (Unknown Company, Unknown Product), version unknown
c:\program files (x86)\xneat clipboard manager\xnmenubuilder.dll (Unknown Company, Unknown Product), version unknown
Please try shutting down the clipboard manager first, verify it's not hooking anymore by looking for injected modules in eng.log.

HydraVision should be in theory working right, since it's AMD's own software, but it often happens that something gets corrupted in the Catalyst install. I'm not sure if you can stop HydraVision there, but otherwise the only thing that usually helps to resolve these problems is a clean reinstall of Catalyst:
  • uninstall ATI/AMD Catalyst drivers completely and restart Windows
  • download driver sweeper and use it to clean up zombie ATI/AMD driver files
  • download and install the latest AMD drivers for your operating system

hashes

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 07:09:33 pm »

The crash happens inside the AMD OpenGL driver, atioglxx.dll. I've seen this several times before, it's usually caused by a corrupted Catalyst installation or an interfering third party module.

In your log there are the following modules that inject into outerra.exe and may be causing some problems:
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\HydraVision\HydraDMH.dll (AMD, AMD HydraVision Desktop Manager), version 4.0.66
C:\Program Files (x86)\xNeat Clipboard Manager\xnRemote.dll (Unknown Company, Unknown Product), version unknown
c:\program files (x86)\xneat clipboard manager\xnmenubuilder.dll (Unknown Company, Unknown Product), version unknown
Please try shutting down the clipboard manager first, verify it's not hooking anymore by looking for injected modules in eng.log.

HydraVision should be in theory working right, since it's AMD's own software, but it often happens that something gets corrupted in the Catalyst install. I'm not sure if you can stop HydraVision there, but otherwise the only thing that usually helps to resolve these problems is a clean reinstall of Catalyst:
  • uninstall ATI/AMD Catalyst drivers completely and restart Windows
  • download driver sweeper and use it to clean up zombie ATI/AMD driver files
  • download and install the latest AMD drivers for your operating system

Ooh ok thanks. It's not the clipboard manager, so I guess I'll have to do the driver steps.  :)