Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Inspirational images  (Read 123517 times)

ddenn

Re: Inspirational images
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2015, 01:43:19 pm »

There's a better video of Unigine, without planet scale though

i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

HiFlyer

« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2015, 04:35:30 am »

There's a better video of Unigine, without planet scale though

I tried that tech demo and went away with very mixed feelings. Granted it looks great, but I found it to be extremely hardware intensive and framey. Turning the settings low enough to get good frames resulted in visuals not much better than you could get with a nice Orbx scenery for FSX, and just that tiny demo area topped out at a whopping 5gigs.

That being said, I'm still interested to see what can eventually be done with it.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

ddenn

« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2015, 04:58:46 am »

I didn't even know they have started making "Next Gen Flightsim", sounds very interesting. Will be following this project.

Where did you get the demo? Or was it old Valley Unigine 1.0 benchmark?

Found the demo, though they claim it has nothing to do with NGFS

P.s. Tried the demo. It runs very well on my system (60fps), apart from seldom stutters when moving camera fast. Looks very impressive to me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:29:00 am by ddenn »

About Outerra in Russian

ddenn

« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2015, 07:05:16 am »

Found this on their forum:

There's been a lot of discussions regarding Outerra in this forum along with the reasoning behind not choosing Outerra as the 3D engine of choice. As DanAir said... it's a complicated situation with the Outerra team in gaining access to a Outerra SDK for evaluation purposes... whereas UNIGNIE Sim (and all the other 3D engines) gaining access was easy.

Also... having had a good look at Outerra Anteworld... Outerra is not quite ready for prime time and there would be a tremendous amount of in house development necessary in order to be able to have the features that we're all wanting to see in a next generation flight simulator. Many of these features are already a part of UNIGINE Sim. Plus Unigine Sim is dedicated to creating a platform for the development of simulations...which fits perfectly with the direction we're heading towards here on the SIM-Posium.

Hope that helps,

Stephen B.

NGiS team now working on Corsica tech demo, with all the airports/details etc. 2016 promises be very interesting year for simmers (that is, if WW3 won't destroy us all).

Stephen's enthusiasm actually reminds me of David Lagettie, CEO of TitanIM. I wish them both best of luck :)

About Outerra in Russian

bomber

« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2015, 07:39:10 am »

I don't believe the symposium did anywhere near a good enough review of the user requirements or the capabilities and possibilities of 3d engines available.

You don't create a symposium to last 300 days or so and then half way through it say that's finished we're moving onto the next stage.

Having been contacted to join the team I had a hard look at all that was being offered.... 4 years of expected development, my hobby turned into sudo employment.... not part ownership of the product as that remains solely in stephan hands....

The talk of Zuckerberg or Jobs isn't for us but for Stephan.... as the volunteers are just possibly employees of stephans company.

I hope it succeeds, but not at the cost of my hobby or desire.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

ddenn

« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2015, 07:52:00 am »

That's always the issue when working in big team, that's why I prefer work myself as one-man addon maker. Had same problem working 2 years for TitanIM - interesting hobby became a dull boring job quite fast when you are just an employee.

I hope that NGiS sim will be opened for addon makers as MSFS and X-plane.

About Outerra in Russian

bomber

« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2015, 09:41:21 am »

Maybe then the trick would be to retain our hobby yet also accept some level of focus, such that we're all going in roughly the same direction.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

2eyed

« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2015, 03:23:32 pm »

Tried the Port Angeles demo too, and I think it's worth keeping an eye on it.
I like the color richness compared to OT. Tree rendering is quite good aswell (with a few techniques we know from OT).
Got some heavy stuttering (probably loading issues) but not really bad framerates. 3DVision works (not with clouds on).

HiFlyer

« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2015, 05:03:13 pm »

Tried the Port Angeles demo too, and I think it's worth keeping an eye on it.
I like the color richness compared to OT. Tree rendering is quite good aswell (with a few techniques we know from OT).
Got some heavy stuttering (probably loading issues) but not really bad framerates. 3DVision works (not with clouds on).

The stuttering is from some very heavy just-in-time loading (I believe) and was very distracting to me. I hope they can work around it.

Also they need some real clouds. If you try to reach them in the demo, you will find that you can't.

I liked the color richness very much as well, but at the time I was looking at it, NGIS said it wanted us to "evaluate" the demo; which to me, meant looking for possible flaws as well as going "Wow!"

I pretty much felt like Bomber about that evaluation process, in the end.

Nonetheless, I wish them well.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:18:38 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2015, 10:32:36 am »

Star Citizen showing some of their procedural tech. Makes me wonder how Outerras Moon will eventually look, up close. And don't forget Mars..... (Will mars have its moons, in Outerra?)

Planetary landing. I think Infinity Battlescape got their signature tech out the door into Kickstarter-land just in time before it was eclipsed into irrelevance. (Close call!!)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 10:42:48 am by HiFlyer »

sniperwolfpk5

« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2016, 01:50:02 am »

It looks really nice

HiFlyer

« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2016, 09:03:22 am »

Outerra and this should mate and have a child!  =D

HiFlyer

« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2016, 07:58:58 pm »

Water!! I was thinking about roterwash effects for the Ah-64 and remembered this.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:04:31 pm by HiFlyer »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2016, 06:03:26 am »

Fractals are cool

Water!! I was thinking about roterwash effects for the Ah-64 and remembered this.

Nice water effects but they have the same problem I noticed with Ubisoft's water system (as seen in AC: Black Flag and Watch Dogs). The waves close to the camera are really nice but the ocean is completely flat 100m away
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:10:09 am by Acetone »

HiFlyer

« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2016, 09:53:13 am »

Fractals are cool

Nice water effects but they have the same problem I noticed with Ubisoft's water system (as seen in AC: Black Flag and Watch Dogs). The waves close to the camera are really nice but the ocean is completely flat 100m away

Don't know.... that video gives me an itchy feeling........... Viruses, fungi, growing mold.......

As for the water, is it a problem.... or an optimization?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16