Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: First Person View Not Working?  (Read 3957 times)

Speakeasy

First Person View Not Working?
« on: October 28, 2013, 08:41:41 pm »

Hello!  Been messing around with Outerra for quite awhile now (think it's been years at this point, at least it seems like it!) and it's fantastic.  Kind of feel bad that my first post here is about a possible bug.  I know first person mode was taken out for a bit, but then it was put back in, but now it seems to not be working for me again.  I hit the 8 key and then I just get stuck in a floating position, with the camera initially facing straight down.  There's no way for me to break out of this unless I put myself into a vehicle and then exit that way.  Was the first person mode removed again?  I did a search but didn't see anything, so figured I'd ask.

James

Re: First Person View Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 09:14:40 pm »

Hello!  Been messing around with Outerra for quite awhile now (think it's been years at this point, at least it seems like it!) and it's fantastic.  Kind of feel bad that my first post here is about a possible bug.  I know first person mode was taken out for a bit, but then it was put back in, but now it seems to not be working for me again.  I hit the 8 key and then I just get stuck in a floating position, with the camera initially facing straight down.  There's no way for me to break out of this unless I put myself into a vehicle and then exit that way.  Was the first person mode removed again?  I did a search but didn't see anything, so figured I'd ask.

I think they're working on walking animations, but forgot to change the walking back to normal in an update that didn't include the progress on animations.

Speakeasy

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 01:49:50 pm »

Thanks for help, James.  I think I do remember them saying something about walking animations, so your explanation seems reasonable to me.

James

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 10:18:12 pm »

Angrypig broke the walking mode again, because he's been testing animations there. Soon there will be a walking/running character.
LMB is used to fire plasma balls and the sound should be from the craters. But yes, it's all going towards a game mode.

Found this for you! :D

Speakeasy

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 01:01:21 pm »

There we go!  You've been a big help, James, thanks again.

Concussion

• What i do incorrectly this time?
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 09:26:03 am »

Walking?

I didnt know this was implemented the change log on the forum hasnt added anything since the 2nd of june i thought...guess i need to log into the game...