Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Hosting the game on Steam?  (Read 2833 times)

Anthony817

Hosting the game on Steam?
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:48:40 pm »

Hello, I have already purchased Outerra early this year, but was thinking it would be a good idea to put this project on Steam Early Access to attract more revinue from the game. I imagine most people don't know about this because of simply not enough advertisement. Imagine this game with full Steamworks integration where one could upload their mods of this game to Steam and have other users easily download them from right in game! I think you would get a boost in sales and many new fans if you were to try to get this game added to the Steam Early Access program. Have you guys thought about doing something similar to this and do you think Steam would be a good choice for this project?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Edit: I used the Search feature first and didn't see "Steam" anywhere so my apologies for posting a duplicate topic. I only saw this topic after I created mine.
http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1725.0

Remove this if you want to mods. If not then it can stay to expand on the topic and get more of a discussion going.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:54:28 pm by Anthony817 »

James

Re: Hosting the game on Steam?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:30:41 pm »

I don't think they're interested in putting the engine on Steam. There's a lot of work to be done, and they aren't really interested in advertising because people might be impatient about the time it'll take for this engine to develop.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Hosting the game on Steam?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 01:34:22 am »

There will be a kickstarter at some point and then possible steam integration but the fine points would need to be worked out. Not using steams servers for updates and such.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo