Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: AMD OpenGL driver problems still!  (Read 2403 times)

Redtail

AMD OpenGL driver problems still!
« on: November 22, 2013, 06:51:39 am »

I have been trying to get your Demo to run to no avail.I have removed and installed drivers as per your guide lines here.
 However I am getting no where >:( The current drivers get much further in to the program than others and at least I can give you
the eng.log file. The latest AMD drivers crash straight away.I think I have tried 6-7 different drivers and re installs and appear to be no further on. It all seems to revolve around the Open GL drivers. Can you help please :D

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: AMD OpenGL driver problems still!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:46:37 am »

FYI, your reported driver build is 11927, which is an older driver version - Catalyst 12.10.

However, the problem is elsewhere:
ERROR: Fatal error: exception msg: failed to map buffer bones dbg (size:32768, offset:0)

This relates to the fact that you are running Windows XP, which provides only a limited amount of special memory normally used for communication with graphics (and other) hardware. Some applications, like browsers, also use the memory when they use hardware acceleration of rendering.
Due to Windows XP limits, if you have processes running that consume more of this memory, there's not enough left for Outerra. This problem doesn't occur on higher versions of Windows, which have these limits much higher.

Try to close all other applications before running Outerra - especially internet browsers and various monitoring tools - to free the memory for OT.

Redtail

Re: AMD OpenGL driver problems still!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 12:19:43 pm »

Thanks Cameni for getting back to me and pointing out what the problem is.I will have a play with a few things as you suggested, but it looks as if 'Outerra' will have to wait for another time :-\