Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Hey guys, entirely new here... Thanks for your efforts :) I have one question!  (Read 2726 times)

GodotWaits

• What say you?

I'm spanking new to this, and utterly blown away. Well done on your work, it's truly a masterful accomplishment. If I can afford it, I'll be purchasing the full alpha tomorrow. I'm just wondering is the cvd.zip unavailable to download any more, or is it simply reddit's love hug as usual? The elevation data downloaded in about 45 minutes, and I'd rather not spend my time trouncing round the whole planet to get the colours and veg. Although, if that's what it takes, than so be it! Time to get scouring!
Well then, until our next meeting.

Ramjet

From what I've read this morning, they got some pimping from Reddit, and their traffic saw a very significant spike, which was bogging down the in-game dl of world data, and (I imagine) probably a higher number of people hitting the standalone files as well.

That could be the issue, and will probably sort itself out eventually as traffic stabilizes. I was able to download it as recently as 2-3 weeks ago. I just hit the link again, and it looks like they've hit their daily limit (probably due to increased traffic).

GodotWaits

• What say you?

Yeah, so I figured. Thank you!
Well then, until our next meeting.