Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vehicle not moving  (Read 14736 times)

DeanosBeano

Re: Vehicle not moving
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 10:21:10 am »

nice  one
 this next update sounds like a real winner  :)

Any chance i can get a look at your script  for that buggy , i think thats the nearest i seen so far to a very nice setup for the child parent thing , really interested how your getting that damper to pivot to an attached point on the frame , i think i get it but would be nice to seee the code and experiment ;)

cheers

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 11:19:39 am »

nice  one
 this next update sounds like a real winner  :)

Any chance i can get a look at your script  for that buggy , i think thats the nearest i seen so far to a very nice setup for the child parent thing , really interested how your getting that damper to pivot to an attached point on the frame , i think i get it but would be nice to seee the code and experiment ;)

cheers

Here you have the site where you can get it  - have to say, hhrhhrs work on that buggy helped me a lot back then :

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1253.msg17819#msg17819 - about the buggy

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1402.msg17047;topicseen#msg17047 - here he gave the files.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

DeanosBeano

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 06:09:32 pm »

Cheers for that
 Unfortunately the downliad is just a bed with wheels and the post with suspension is a quantum leap from the download without good explanation
  However I managed to at least make some sense and get the horse tail to move around with smaller wheel invisible that only touches when main wheel suspension contracts and I put small rotation -.05 , no big deal but another thing learned :)

I saw on some youtube videos smoke columns from craters , is this aftereffects ? ! I am so useless at finding instuctions , I only just realised if I hold left mouse button for longer when I firea bigger crater is made haha

PytonPago

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 03:40:20 am »

... oh, thats for Cameni. Dont know if you can add smoke in the JS like the force ... also its just going up. Directing it as dirt-dust for the hooves might be not possible now. Unless it involves some added stuff like direction, fade distance/time, dimensions ... normally such effects are done like particle/dust animations in Blender/Max. But is actually right at one - they would react to wind if they were scripted.
 ... hmm ...
    .... maybe a way to identify positions of steps (some area defined at the model and "step taking" function, telling OT when what leg steps) and it would do a defined "smoke/dust" effect there. Maybe even added to the biome textures weather system, so it does just on dry dusting grounds. (something like that going for vehicles, only the wheels would be defined whyte their positions and the smoke parameters being a function of rpm to have some nice speed-dependent effect there).   --- dont mind. Just imagining a little.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

DeanosBeano

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 04:59:55 am »

i will have to investigate more  what inputs are possible over coming weeks  i think
 i think they will eventually allow the COM to be a POS or position for particles or introduce a dedicated lod for the script to use a define point  maybe  but we wait i suppose for now.
 either way its all good fun and learning curve is gentle soi far with alpha stage , really enjoying it  but i think it does need some quality examples in wiki wit almost at this stage a more "for Dummies approach"  to get the addon community going properly .

PytonPago

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2014, 05:06:37 am »

...  but i think it does need some quality examples in wiki wit almost at this stage a more "for Dummies approach"  to get the addon community going properly .

Maybe they going on the psychological way - asking, learning people, getting into the community - you know, the "we wont let you go" stuff.  :D

DeanosBeano

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 05:16:22 am »

Maybe its time if not already done for a Skype channel or IRC  so we can all pick brains :) ?

PytonPago

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 05:19:56 am »

Maybe its time if not already done for a Skype channel or IRC  so we can all pick brains :) ?

Oh there is a IRC : http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=outerra&uio=d4
 ... a little less crowded, but runs. :D

DeanosBeano

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2014, 05:41:12 am »

cheers
 i will be there to maybe annoy with many questions ;)

DeanosBeano

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 01:49:23 pm »

Any information on limitations of inputs on a single joint / mesh part  ?

i am strugging to rotate a piece of leg and move it at same time  using on the horse shin , trying to
  move the shin to keep line with the Thigh above it  but the  rotate is cancelled in favor of the Move :(

geom.rotate_joint_orig(Leg_rl_shin, .05, {x:-leg,y:0,z:0});
  geom.move_joint_orig (Leg_rl_shin,{x:0,y: -wheels/142,z:0});

argh !!  please ignore  , seems writing it here made me see my error :)

for others  it was  move_joint_orig  should be move_joint
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:52:09 pm by DeanosBeano »

PytonPago

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 05:02:48 pm »

Oh ..thats the empty mesh thingy i told ya. Make an doubble of it - delete the vertices, so only the origin remains and parent the actual leg part to this empty. Then,  toration script on the empty and movement on the actual leg (or vice versa) ...

That is the little thingy there, you can use only one script for a mesh,  so if the movement isnt a complex function, you have to deal whyte emptyes.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 05:04:43 pm by PytonPago »

DeanosBeano

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 05:09:20 pm »

Hmm
 Well it works without all that by what I said above
  However I am intriuged by your mentioning of parent in the script ?

In model its all seperate put parented as so

Horse
   Rightfronthigh
      Rightfrontshin
         Rightfrontfetlock
             Rightfronthoof
It all rotates ok   but of course the mesh is not one mesh but parts so looks shit :(
   I have learened enough now  to make a nice vehicle , its onlyfair to await animations for a horse

Next I look statics and trees, but I dont thinkalready that the engine does alpha and difuse on a single plane to make good leaves maybe in what I tried so far
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 05:14:29 pm by DeanosBeano »

PytonPago

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 03:26:58 am »

Yes, characters just need some anim. to work ...

... they want to do procedural trees later on. But there were some other tree textures before.

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=348.msg22689#msg22689

And i know there were some else flat trees, cant find that now.  ???

--- i just thought, your horse, have you a rigged and weight-painted version ?  - not sure how OT yet is at it, but, maybe keeping the original model (but rigged) and trying to script-animate those rig-bones. But it might be just a stupid test (weight-deform might not yet be done working and not sure if importer can identify the rigs).

DeanosBeano

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 07:58:17 am »

Yeah  i have it fully rigged and weighted :)
 obviously for the moment  OT only animates meshes not vertex group so hopefully the addition of a chacacter will amend that so we can really ger cracking :)

thanks for tree link however i dont see pointer to any advice of how the material was applied , maybe this is not anteworld but full sdk he tests with but  i wait and experiment al the same ;)

thats problem i have :)

http://i.imgur.com/xqniftm.jpg

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:46:38 am by DeanosBeano »
Pages: 1 [2]