Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Texture Question  (Read 3991 times)

GodotWaits

• What say you?
Texture Question
« on: January 30, 2014, 09:46:45 am »

Hi all,

I've converted my .jpg files to .dds for texturing a model. However in-game, they aren't showing up... How can I solve this issue?

Thanks

GodotWaits
Well then, until our next meeting.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Texture Question
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 10:04:10 am »

Hi all,

I've converted my .jpg files to .dds for texturing a model. However in-game, they aren't showing up... How can I solve this issue?

Thanks

GodotWaits

... well, there can be a few things wrong - forst, the DDS has multiple types - see the wiki for all of them needed :

http://xtrac.outerraworld.com/trac.fcgi/wiki/material

Second, you may have the uv based texture not applied to the model - like in blender, you may look at the overlay of it, but applying it is done an other way ... the third is the absence in the material file ( .matlib ) in the model directory at OT packages. If this last is the thing, you have to manually write the name in the correct material and texture type (the texture has to be at the same directory and the name should be in "whatever.dds") ....
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:12:28 am »

You should wait for the next update, because materials will be slightly changed, so everything must be re-imported with the new material settings. But pyton is right, see the different type off dds-files which you need for OT. You also have to copy the texture manually to your package folder if the textures are missing (c:\users\[username]\Outerra\packages).

GodotWaits

• What say you?
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:37:37 am »

I'll wait for that so!

I'm having many issues with importing, not exactly the import process, that's simple enough but mostly the scripting. I've managed to import some models, one being a helicopter that spawns, but has no textures and sinks through the floor. For the helicopter I used the .js from the included Apache, but I guess that wasn't the right way to do it. I know there are flight  dynamic model jbsims there, but I just don't know what I'm doing :P

When it comes to road vehicles the textures don't load, and I've used the BMW M3 script from somewhere in the threads to get the vehicles to work, but again I must be doing something hugely incorrect.

Could someone direct me to a wiki/blog where I can read everything I need to know so that I can stop hounding the forum with issues? I'm a complete noob, and I know that it's irritating! :P

GodotWaits

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 02:22:21 pm »

I'll wait for that so!

I'm having many issues with importing, not exactly the import process, that's simple enough but mostly the scripting. I've managed to import some models, one being a helicopter that spawns, but has no textures and sinks through the floor. For the helicopter I used the .js from the included Apache, but I guess that wasn't the right way to do it. I know there are flight  dynamic model jbsims there, but I just don't know what I'm doing :P

When it comes to road vehicles the textures don't load, and I've used the BMW M3 script from somewhere in the threads to get the vehicles to work, but again I must be doing something hugely incorrect.

Could someone direct me to a wiki/blog where I can read everything I need to know so that I can stop hounding the forum with issues? I'm a complete noob, and I know that it's irritating! :P

GodotWaits

http://xtrac.outerraworld.com/trac.fcgi/wiki/Importer

There is the wiki ... doe, you wont escape some copy-paste from other vehicles - as to airplanes - the JSBSim is a damn complicated thing it seems, best to start whyte normal ground vehicles and their scripts ... doe, dont be shy to ask a lot, even about separate scripts  - well help ya out. :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

GodotWaits

• What say you?
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 02:46:45 pm »

Nice one Pyton :)

And yeah, I'll be staying away from the aircraft like you said... Just no way I can manage it yet :P

I'll likely be on here consistently, keeping up to date and learning new tips and tricks. We've got a nice community here ;D

GodotWaits