Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra for games Development - My wishlist on what should be in an Outerra SDK  (Read 3129 times)

HeadClot

Hey,

I am a somewhat old member that has been gone for a while. With that said I have been working with toolsets such as Cryengine, Unity, UDK, etc. While I love those tool sets I feel that Outerra needs to be in the limelight a little bit more. Especially for developers. With that said - These tools should allow developers to work smarter not harder.

With that said - Here is what I think should be in an official Outerra SDK.

• A Biome Editor - Something Similar to the Seed of Andromeda - Something to Quickly make biomes for planets and get unique looking worlds in no time flat. Since we are populating an entire planets worth of content. Time will be need to be conserved. Link to Seed of Andromeda

• Visual Shader editor - Similar to the Unreal Engine 3 Shader Editor - Node Based.
  • Town Development tools - Think of this similar to the Biome Editor however you have fine control over the road structure and building placement. When you are done with the town you just place the town down.
  • Level of Detail Support - See here

• An Animation Blending Toolset - Something node based that allows a smooth transition from on animation to another. Example: Walk to Run and back to walk with out any hiccups or breaks in the animation.
  • Particle Editor - Don't have us program our particles. Give us an editor or something similar :)

- Other stuff -

• Documentation - I cannot emphasize this enough I have worked with toolsets/Engines that have little to no Documentation. It is a headache. So please document everything about your engine. Either in code or via the web.
  • Support for Collaborative world building - Something that allows people to work on the same world over a network. Saving Changes, Modifying work, etc.
  • 64 Bit Builds / Editor Support - The Computing world is moving away from 32 bit
  • Multi-Platform deployment support - Windows, Linux, MacOSX, Consoles, etc. No matter were you play outtera should be there.

Note - Please note that these are NOT demands they are my wishlist for the Outerra game engine. :)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube

Hopefully all your wishes will come true. It will be up to the mods to make Outerra great as no coding team on earth could fill it with enough content.

All hail the SDK!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !

Have to say, the temperature view in Andromeda is an interesting idea ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.