Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra - Free to use models for mods  (Read 7117 times)

NooDleS

Outerra - Free to use models for mods
« on: February 15, 2014, 12:06:25 pm »

Hopefully the title has got your attention if you're a level designer, mod visionary or 3D tinkering aficionado.

CaptainJack, PaulMoffet and Wormslayer etc have all been developing models and putting them up for free amongst others lately.

I am going to start creating models for various walls, fences, road signs, street signs, bus stops, phone boxes, football goals and rugby posts ready to place around the UK specifically. Is anybody else interested in creating free licensed items for a large repository if I was to get a website up and running for us all to contribute to?

If I had the time, I would get back to SMCars and use the blueprints to model various popular cars etc but I figure fences, pylons, walls etc will be one of the most popular placed items in game and are quicker to produce so this would be the best place for me to start.

Would any of you be interested?

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Outerra - Free to use models for mods
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:10:22 pm »

Is anybody else interested in creating free licensed items for a large repository if I was to get a website up and running for us all to contribute to?

I can give you my few things if you like ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

NooDleS

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 12:12:34 pm »

That would be brilliant, I am just looking at open source file managers and comparing their features. I was thinking of user accounts and user submitted content.

PytonPago

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 12:56:07 pm »

That would be brilliant, I am just looking at open source file managers and comparing their features. I was thinking of user accounts and user submitted content.

My AKs are on the forum model post section - blender/max formats included, just download them (as long its free you can modyfi/use it as you please). I will also giwe you my vehicles when i finish them if you like.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 05:23:55 pm »

Well, you obviously know I am interested. What exactly do you have in mind? At the moment i'm working on a UFO aircraft but this thing is going to take some time obviously.

I can pause that and work on some smaller utilitarian based objects to help populate the world if you need some help. I have already decided I would really like to contribute. It will help me in return by giving me experience and improving my modelling/texturing skills :)
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

PytonPago

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 02:21:59 am »

Well, you obviously know I am interested. What exactly do you have in mind? At the moment i'm working on a UFO aircraft but this thing is going to take some time obviously.

... that grad and BTR of mine is a way to go till its done, can be used as low-function stuff already for free projects, but texturing has to be finished properly and internals enhanced. Also, i plan extending the gun whyte some variations later on too. Also, some lover LOD levels will be done once all hi-ones are settled. - I model that stuff mainly as a hobby, and seeing it going somewhere used would be great by someone skilled for all. So if ya know people who like use them stuff or know the places, im in for sharing those ...

As for the stuff - the crates/barrel/treasure chest post seems to beat populating OT for props nice too. In this manner - everything added from misc. objects to freighter containers will be classy. Interactions are not yet possible, but when they get - we will have a lot of fun whyte some cranes and bulldozers when there will be a lot of props.

As for the UFO - no need to push that aside, just work on it and if you get to a point, where you dont know, how to do something or run of inspiration, just switch to model something small or easy for props. ( im also interested, how that saucer turns out :D ) That way it wont get you angry or frustrated - productive too. (actually a reason why i have multiple projects running at the same time - just better to turn off when one of them creeps my brains every now and then - solutions may come later this way better to mind too).

As for the miscs - maybe we shall call a top-100 list - anyone should write up the most important object list for a "sandbox OT" to play whyte, once some more script options and interactions are there. And modelling people whyte skills, motivation and fun-free-time just pick the ideas and shape some digital clay into reality.  :D

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 02:40:01 am »

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Sometimes just churning out a few complete models does keep the inspiration and motivation going. There wasn't much to that crate, barrel etc but having small finished models atleast made me feel like I was achieving something. That UFO is going to be a challenge to model im sure, but the real hard part is going to be integrating it with JSBSIM. I've done a little research and if its exotic design can be used I may have to script some fly by system into it because I am not sure how stable it is going to be if I try if configure it realistically.

A top 100 list of preferred models actually sounds like a good idea. It would really help towards deciding what people are really looking for in their digital environment. :)
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

PytonPago

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 04:15:18 am »

I've done a little research and if its exotic design can be used I may have to script some fly by system into it because I am not sure how stable it is going to be if I try if configure it realistically.

I wouldnt be much puzzled about that - well till you dont get some Nazis Hauneby II testflight papers from Bolivia/Antarctica or some Rus/US secret tech-lab research notes on captured vessels. Hmm, maybe digging up the Polish underwater-cave used for anti-gravity tech research could do too. Wouldnt be the first time humans digged up a hillside down to a plateau for some reason. :D :D :D

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 04:35:20 am »

Yeah, true that. Makes ya wonder what is all going on out there.

For my UFO, until JSBSIM supports anti-gravity engines I'll just have to stick to jet-turbines and rocket thrusters for space :)

billy336

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 05:29:05 am »

looking cool
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:31:18 am by billy336 »