Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Jack's wishlist.  (Read 4351 times)

CaptJack92a

Jack's wishlist.
« on: February 06, 2014, 06:08:19 pm »

This is just a compiled list of things I'd like to have for what I want to do with the engine.

1. Player Character, animation, and interaction with objects/vehicles.

2. Physics objects: Objects that can fall, tumble, be pushed about, launched into orbit or into other ships/stations in space, etc.

3. Newtonian physics: The ability to create several individual thrusters and have the body they are attached to move in the opposite direction in response to them sending out a burst.

4. Tools, things, weapons: The ability to pick up, carry, drop, give, toggle between, to, or from weapons and tools.

5. World and solar system customization/generator: Climate for planet, terrain preset/options, cold, hot, both [earthy], planetary rings, asteroid fields and belts, etc.

6. Entities: Functioning objects with animations, sounds, action scripts, etc.

7. Weather editor: Rain, snow, hail, sun, fog [only in that area, not global fog], icy, etc.

8. Aurora Borealis: Northern lights with settings to limit it to the polar coordinates, or let it fill the skies all across the globe.

9. Options for Distance blur and motion blur.

10. Space scenery/skybox niceness. Settings to change setup and edit the skybox to add customize or remove nebula, increase/decrease star density and increase/decrease stars/nabula along the milky way.

11. Sand Desert: Not like the usual rocks here and there, or dirt or so much dry, but sand. Golden orange beautiful sand. If you haven't, take a look at some Journey screen shots. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZdG4U0SJY_k/URi9OEjaElI/AAAAAAAADzY/4s7wO2MAz4Q/s1600/16.png http://uk.playstation.com/media/5guTmoAw/Journey_Hero.jpg Oh, and when the ground is hit, instead of creating a normal crater, it just makes a huge hole in the sand that fills itself over time.

12. Reactive terrain: Waves in the sand when the wind blows, waves in the water when ships float about, trees fall or break instead of disappear, boulders are made and roll down the mountainside if the right explosive hits it.

13. Sub Terrain: Obviously WAY later in development, this would be for tunneling, caves, etc.

14. Cloth physics: Because Capes.

15. Glow/bloom: Setting an object's glow, allowing it to cast light on the objects and environment around itself, as well as a bloom effect to give it that "Shiny" feel.

16. Adaptive reaction: Characters/player models stay upright to the planet, not lean like a skyrim horse when climbing a hill.

17. Better Trees and rocks: Models for trees, not just sprites. Probably low poly to keep computing power low and re-use no more than three-four models to keep memory down. Also would be nice to have them enabled for collision. Rocks as models would also be cool instead of just letting the terrain handle them, but they aren't nearly as big a deal as the trees.

18. Adaptive Path editor: A path creator/editor to be used for creating path entities for later editing, control where objects move or NPCs patrol.

19. Effects Editor: A system for creating effects such as lighting, weather, weather effects, environmental, ropes, sparks, animated surfaces, etc.

20. Customized and arranging/moving/editing of solar systems, planets, etc: Placing a star, giving it some planets of our choosing [size, moons and distances customization] completely customizable. Meaning if I want three giant rocks or specifically shaped planets orbiting each other in a specific manner, I most certainly can. Then when that solar system is there, I can go a distance and place another star and give it it's own planets and what not.

More to come.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:32:26 am by CaptJack92a »

CaptJack92a

Re: Jack's wishlist.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 01:57:56 pm »

Added a bunch more from the first post as well as underlined my "Most wanted" items.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 04:13:42 pm »

Thanks for the inspiring post. I will remember it when things were implemented.

CaptJack92a

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:30:37 pm »

I just added and modified a few things, namely the 16th.

CaptJack92a

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 04:57:39 pm »

Humble bump for a few features I added which I find quite important enough to do so for.