Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Particle Rendering/ Systems  (Read 10039 times)

Jangalomph

Particle Rendering/ Systems
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:22:23 pm »

Hello,

This is my first post.. But I have been following the engine for quite some time. I just recently stumbled upon it again. I'm amazed with the vast spaces you can render at one time with this engine. None the less, Will there be any particle implementations? Personally I seek out engines with great particle effects, and capabilities. Even if this had basic implementations such as a vehicle explosion, fire, and smoke. That'd be amazing to me on its own. I can Imagine a forest fire of some sorts.  :D  

None the less, I really really look forward to some sort of demo within the coming months. Even if you were to implement a particle system. I'd love to help with ideas! I am a vfx artist!  :)

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:22:35 am »

Yah particles are in the pipeline as you can read in the under water thread. But i dont know in which quality. I hope fire will be volumetric :O they even planned a temperature model for the whole world.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 07:02:32 am »

Particle system will be coming later, though it won't be a single system for all types of particle effects. For example, water particles can be emulated in the water shader, but fires and smoke need their own geometry. So the implementation of different effects will be gradual.

Jangalomph

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 10:48:28 am »

Cool :D Fine by me ^^.