Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Request for no mouse capture and a close button  (Read 2221 times)

planetsim

Request for no mouse capture and a close button
« on: June 18, 2014, 03:17:26 am »

Hi,

So I was testing the igc plugin today and the game loaded up fine with the plugin. I saw it loaded in <a target="_blank" href="http://xtrac.outerraworld.com/trac.fcgi/wiki/FAQ#Wherecanifindtheeng.cfgworld.cfgeng.log">eng.log[/url]

There are a few things I would like to request :
1. Can the standard Windows minimize, maximize and close buttons be put in the upper right of the title bar in the Anteworld window frame ? Its easier to deal wih the window that way.

2. After I closed OT today, the mouse remained captured to the window area, until I pressed ctrl-alt-delete and opened task manager, then the capture was cleared. Can the mouse be integrated more seamlessly by not capturing it to the window area ?

3. The game often downloads lots and lots of stuff after an update. It shows as downloading .mod files in the bottom where all the downloads queue up. I have a slow internet connection and it can be quite a while till this finishes. Until then I am stuck watching the rotating globe. If I want to quickly test a plugin I would rather that only the absolutely relevant data be loaded in and the game should start asap. I do not really care about detailed graphics so they can be pushed into the background while i test the plugin. Is this possible ?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Request for no mouse capture and a close button
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:28:09 am »

1) possibly minimize and close, not maximize
2) must have been a glitch with something capturing the mouse
3) just yesterday we found a bug in the new runtime library we started using from the previous build, that sets wrong file times when DST is on, causing repeated download of terrain data. Otherwise the data it's downloading are always only the relevant ones that are needed for rendering of the startup area.

planetsim

Re: Request for no mouse capture and a close button
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 09:21:34 am »

ok, thanks cameni