Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Avionics logic programming  (Read 4176 times)

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
Avionics logic programming
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:42:56 am »

Seeing how well Outerra can handle aircraft using Jsim, I can't help dreaming of the future where we have a database of airports and nav-aids, openstreetmap and working Air traffic control :) (A guy can dream, right?)

This made me wonder whether it would be possible to simulate some of the aircraft systems, which would open up to importing some of the awesome 3rd party aircraft models made by PMDG for example. (Of course they would have to want to support Outerra, but let's put that aside for the moment) Would it be possible in the future to say, import the PMDG 737 and run the aircraft systems logic in Outerra somehow?

But if we start out easier, would it be possible to make an interactive (Clickable) Virtual Cockpit with working knobs to control different aircraft systems for the Cessna for example?

EDIT: I found answers to some of this questions in this thread http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=845.msg11535#msg11535 so sorry about posting prior to thorough use of the search function :) (I was just so eager)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:52:21 am by DivineSense »
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Avionics logic programming
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:08:32 am »

A clickable cockpit is certainly doable, we just need to provide some helpers for scripts that will allow you to define clickable elements in the cockpit, and then providing the click events that can be handled in the aircraft script.

For aircraft systems simulation we plan to use a component system based on what we are already using internally, that allows to define components that are either implemented in C++ plugins, or scripted in JS.

Actually, the goal is to use all this for a prototype aircraft for the demo that can be used for Kickstarter simulator campaign, and we are looking at how this can/should be done.

Daikan

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 12:14:12 pm »

Actually, the goal is to use all this for a prototype aircraft for the demo that can be used for Kickstarter simulator campaign, and we are looking at how this can/should be done.

:o

Did I miss something?? Are there any more details about this?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 02:04:46 pm »

Just what's at the end of the blog post.

bongodriver

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 02:54:52 pm »

Did I read it right that it would be a separate project to Outerra? does that mean standalone? will it still give us the ability to create our own content?