Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 5124 times)

bomber

Introductions
« on: July 17, 2014, 03:00:33 pm »

My names Simon, I'm big into WWII combat flight sim, but in particular bomber action, formation flying, manning turrets that sort of thing.

I've spent the last 3+ years over at flightgear, but it's not really worked for me there.

I'm a 3d modeller (professionally) but do flight models in JSBsim as a hobby, so I thought I'd give it a whirl over here and see if I can make a difference.

I guess I need pointing in the right direction to start with....  I guess I have the normal questions people ask.

Regards

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 03:14:13 am »

Hmm ... a flying fortress would be interesting if all the turrets could be used. Well, there is nothing much difficult in importing a model if ya have one made already. Just go with the Collada or FBX file format importer. You need them to be checked as vehicles during import and select all the meshes that you want to animate (meaning rudders, cockpit misc, air-brakes, turret movable stuff etc. ). If the import is successful, you go on the java-script to get all the stuff functioning (looking at some of the existing aircraft scripts could let you see how to do stuff if ya know JSBSim), with a little check of the wiki-pages : http://xtrac.outerraworld.com/trac.fcgi/wiki

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 04:51:29 am »

Hmm ... a flying fortress would be interesting if all the turrets could be used....

Very properly, because not only as a "Abschussziel" for the "Würger", he will be very interesting... :D ;) But I think that for representation such airplane in 3D, a lot of time takes up.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:58:28 am by AH-DG »
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 05:52:30 am »

Specially if the interior will be nicely detailed !

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

bomber

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 10:12:47 am »

I've lightwave and blender models...

Would prefer to go with blender as it's free so makes community collaborations easier.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 02:09:21 pm »

Welcome aboard! I`m sure everyone is excited to see your creations in Outerra!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

CaptTrego

• Target 4 Today!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 04:30:48 pm »

Welcome aboard Mr. Simon!  ;) ;) :)    Now get to workkkk....  JUSTTT kidding.    ;D ;D ;D
"Will it ever fly...??"

<CaptTrego!>

HiFlyer

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 10:06:07 pm »

Well, nice to see another talent jump into they fray! Welcome, and can't wait to see what you come up with!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 03:11:32 am »

#PytonPago
There's a freeware Flying Fortress for X-Plane. If you like it, maybe in the future I could ask the author for permission to port it here.  ;D

Also, sorry bomber for the off-topic, and welcome aboard. :)