Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: List of all the debug/monitoring tools  (Read 29562 times)

HiFlyer

Re: List of all the debug/monitoring tools
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 08:01:21 am »

Gpu lag? Where are you seeing that?
Make sure you have "debug_keys" enabled, then press CTRL+F12 and you should be able to see it next to "FPSs"

Hmmmmmmm... Just to add to the info, with trees maxed, highest lag I saw was 20. It mostly was in the 12 to 14 range.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 08:10:57 am »

Make sure you have "debug_keys" enabled, then press CTRL+F12 and you should be able to see it next to "FPSs"

Hmmmmmmm... Just to add to the info, with trees maxed, highest lag I saw was 20. It mostly was in the 12 to 14 range.
Did you tried to go down in to the forest at ground level? There's where I get the highest gpu_lag...

HiFlyer

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 09:28:13 am »

Did you tried to go down in to the forest at ground level? There's where I get the highest gpu_lag...

Yup, that was with max trees racing over the ground in UFO mode.

EDIT: The above was a very high speed flyover. At regular speeds it stays locked at 15ms at about 130FPS
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:46:44 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 09:45:17 am »

Then you obviously have a better GPU than me :D

HiFlyer

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 09:47:31 am »

Just a Nvidia 770

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 09:55:13 am »

Just a Nvidia 770
Well, that's better than my old GTX 550 TI  :D
Comparison between 550Ti and 770

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19:56 am »

Just a Nvidia 770

Just   ::)

Seems like Nvidia's GPUs get a more decent lag. I hope ATI will improve support for OpenGL apps over the time. Their hardware is good but they seriously need to put some efforts on the software side :(

Related : http://richg42.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/the-truth-on-opengl-driver-quality.html

zzz

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2014, 12:42:20 pm »

Alt+c : command console (not the same as "p" key)

Does anyone know any console commands? Like spawning?

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 04:30:59 am »

Alt+c : command console (not the same as "p" key)

Does anyone know any console commands? Like spawning?

/set_cloud 1

;D

More seriously, I have digged into the HTML and javascript files but haven't find anything like a command list. The Console HTML file just describe the behaviour of the window and the fact that you can write things into it. So it's currently not possible to use it.

BTW, there is a Treegen window in these files. It's probably the remains of the original 3D tree system, it's cool to see they have a fully customizable tool in mind for this part of the engine  :)
If you have installed Outerra in the normal directory, you can acess this tool here: C:/Program Files/Outerra/Anteworld/www/treegen.html (Outerra interface is built in HTML/CSS/Javascript).

Treegen window is interesting too : C:/Program Files/Outerra/Anteworld/www/treegen_window.html
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:33:40 am by Acetone »

HiFlyer

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2014, 09:03:23 am »

Acetone I re-posted this in the new Outerra forum at avsim, and the mods found it useful enough to make it a sticky!  ;D

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/450211-list-of-outerra-debugmonitoring-tools/

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2014, 05:40:35 pm »

Acetone I re-posted this in the new Outerra forum at avsim, and the mods found it useful enough to make it a sticky!  ;D

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/450211-list-of-outerra-debugmonitoring-tools/

Great!

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 06:56:53 am »

The Wiki was missing this information too. So i added them there -> http://xtrac.outerraworld.com/trac.fcgi/wiki/ShortKeys
We should add new ShortKeys there, so its one centralized location for information.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 12:29:48 pm »

I'll go ahead and throw in some info, even though it's all preliminary.

Code: [Select]
.bind w world
var o = w.create_instance("outerra/mig29/mig29", #(pos 10), #rot, false)
o.enter()

Spawns object 10 meters before the camera and enters it.
#pos, #rot, #dir are macros that provide current camera's positional data, otherwise the arguments expect a coordinates object like {x: ..., y: ..., z: ...} in ECEF for positions.

The console runs javascript, so you can run arbitrary JS code there. There are a few special commands starting with dot:

.bind <var> <interface>Bind Javascript variable to an interface.
.print <expr>Print a JSON-formatted result of expression
.load <script_path>Load and execute script from given path.
.runstable <stmt>Run given statement each frame in which the terrain is fully refined. Used to capture videos without jitter and transient glitches etc.
.stopStop invocation of .runstable

Real console documentation will be mostly about the documentation of (usable) engine interfaces. Since out interfaces are generated, I'll be extending the generator to produce the docs automatically, probably directly in wiki format and publish it there.

Here's another example script we used to capture presentation videos from flight path recorder, to make them fluid and fully refined (since the normal video capture sometimes interferes with rendering). It uses console's own interface that provides functions like pause_time, step_time, capture_screen, capture_frame etc.
If you put it into scripts folder, you'd load and run the scripts as follows:

.load scripts/video.js
.runstable video("my_video", 60)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 11:03:48 am »

I was planning to learn Javascript for unrelated projects but seems like it's another good reason to start  :) 

zzz

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 03:28:01 pm »

I'll go ahead and throw in some info, even though it's all preliminary.

.bind w world
var o = w.create_instance("outerra/mig29/mig29", #(pos 10), #rot, false)
o.enter()

Spawns object 10 meters before the camera and enters it.

When I try spawning a second mig, it crashes, even with new variables for world and create_instance. Also is there a way to make it spawn an object as a static model instead of a vehicle?
Pages: 1 [2] 3