Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Could Kickstarter accelerate this game engines development?  (Read 8140 times)

jjake101

Could Kickstarter accelerate this game engines development?
« on: March 12, 2014, 01:15:22 pm »

Do you think that a a kickstarter should be started to aid the completion of this game engine for things like, establishing a development studio so the engine can be worked on full time (if there not doing this all ready), expanding the development team ect... ?

HiFlyer

Re: Could Kickstarter accelerate this game engines development?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 01:25:16 pm »

Do you think that a a kickstarter should be started to aid the completion of this game engine for things like, establishing a development studio so the engine can be worked on full time (if there not doing this all ready), expanding the development team ect... ?

That's the million (or more) dollar question.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »

And the millionth thread.   ;)

Now... Who will be....
THE MILLIONTH VISITOR AND WINNER OF A FREE IPAD!
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 05:22:47 pm »

And the millionth thread.   ;)

Now... Who will be....
THE MILLIONTH VISITOR AND WINNER OF A FREE IPAD!

Of course, you generally see such questions when there's a perception, rightly or wrongly, that a project has stalled.

Unfortunately, when I bring up Outerra in other venues, the "Yeah I saw it 6 years ago and practically nothing's changed, I'll check back in another 5 years." Is not an uncommon response.

I'm not sure how you combat that, or even if it's a concern to the developers.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 05:39:24 pm »

Unfortunately, when I bring up Outerra in other venues, the "Yeah I saw it 6 years ago and practically nothing's changed, I'll check back in another 5 years." Is not an uncommon response.

... time is relative ... also, they made their ranks bigger recently, lets see, how that will go.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 06:30:42 pm »

... time is relative ... also, they made their ranks bigger recently, lets see, how that will go.

I think a lot of people are looking forward to seeing the results of the additional manpower.

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 04:35:02 am »

So how many manpowers is Outerra? Two isn't it? 2MP = how many horsepower?? lol
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

Jagerbomber

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 01:05:55 pm »

When you see it...  ;D

"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 02:27:12 pm »

HA.. We get to make the $500,000 goal something completely different.

But really if Cameni removes the option to buy the game through the demo and just makes it a $15 Buy in on kickstarter it would flood that goal post.

FLOOD IT!

3 weeks tops.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 02:52:11 pm »

... where is the FED printer ? :D :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 02:58:18 pm »

Funkin Madison.. MADISON!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

HeadClot

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 03:49:06 am »

Guys they said they were going to do one. Let me find the blog post it is near the end of one :)

EDIT:

Other news
We did a lot of demoing and presentations in the past year and got into several projects that now allow us to grow and speed up the development. In addition to working with dedicated development teams on special simulation projects based on Outerra, we will be also expanding our core team here in Bratislava, Slovakia. New people are expected to work mainly on the import tools, server side back-end and on the UI, replacing our programmer's design.

The breadth of the scope of possible Outerra applications is huge, and we are also investigating other possibilities to launch development of other OT-based projects. A hot candidate is a unified simulator platform with the primary initial focus on a flight simulator, as it makes the largest group of inquiries we are getting. This would mean a dedicated development team working closely with the core, and in cooperation with content makers working on scenery, aircraft, simulation cores for flight and other types of vehicles.

In any case, a project of this scale would require a sufficient funding, and so we are currently discussing the development of a prototype usable for launching a Kickstarter funding campaign with several interested developers.

http://outerra.blogspot.com/

Personally - I would love to see outerra as a plugin for the Unreal Engine and as a separate engine as well or at the very least open sourced :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:53:34 am by HeadClot »