Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Alaska scenery  (Read 173370 times)

thx_nb

Re: Alaska scenes
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2014, 06:00:28 am »

No problem :). Just funny.

By the way, I've seen this Bald Mountain strip a few times now in your screenshots but I didn't get it in v0.3. Did you not include it on purpose?

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2014, 06:20:24 am »

It was created after 0.3 release :) It will be present in 0.4.

Interesting test today : not exactly the same perspective (different FOV, probably slightly different datasets), but it's a good illustration of why autogen, even being an usefull tool, is also a really crappy form of road/buildings placement (excepting the river, of course  ;D).

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:51:12 am by Acetone »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2014, 01:34:14 pm »

[Download] v0.4 - 4mb

Well, that's a big one. A lot of new airstrips and more locations in the north and the west of Talkeetna.
Have fun !

Changelog:

New
  • *Added Bald Mountain airport (east of Talkeetna, on the top of a mountain)
  • *Added Songlo vista airport
  • *Added Mc Kinley country airport
  • *Roads layout and buildings placement for Mt McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge and surroundings.
  • *More fields and locations in the west of Talkeetna
  • *Petersville road (West of Talkeetna) improved.
  • *Added Petersville airport
  • *Added Nugget Bench Airport (three airstrips in this sector)
  • *Added roads layout for south Talkeetna area
  • *An "it's-here-but-it's-not-so-great" Kodiak airport (runways only, warning : some of the junctions are not at the same level!)

Fixed
  • *Major improvements for all fields and some roads using the "lead-in" "lead-out" vector property.
  • *Deleted a lot of buggy buildings hidden under the ground (around 50 of them... whoops :( ).
  • *Improved Parks Highway

Other
  • *Campos for the new locations
  • *Updated Talkeetna and Ted Stevens campos, please delete the old ones

New buildings required for 0.4 :

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:40:34 pm by Acetone »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2014, 04:52:12 pm »

Whoops, I have forgotten the Shavrov (see picture 1 - last post) in the middle of the Nugget Bench airstrip  ;D
No worries if you don't have the plane installed (you will have an error message though) but the others may have a bad surprise on final at this airstrip  ::)

HiFlyer

« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2014, 12:44:12 am »

Very nice work!  Some notes on model errors -
ProfessorX\DummyVan_snow\ - model is still required (I never had it and couldn't find on the forum, found on Avsim in 0.2 version of scenery)
m7c7\House\ - file House.objdef should be edited, line "obj" : "House"  should be changed to "obj" : "House_blue"
morikubo\rural_house_1b\MORI_House_Rural_1.mtl - texture name in the mtl file 6_plastic_windows_side_1_NMR.dds is wrong, should be changed to 6_plastic_windows_side_1_NRM.dds

Fixing these errors removes error popup screen

Done!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2014, 02:55:23 am »

By the way (not sure what your method is) if you go into the world menu and significantly change the settings , like changing terrain quality settings and texture resolution from default to max, all the terrain will vanish, leaving a white screen you can move around in with only houses and other artificial structures visible.

These structures can be seen from ridiculous distances, and its obvious that many have no LOD to speak of, with unknown effects on performance when there are many of them.

Also in this mode, the intermittent "hitch" I mentioned before becomes very evident on my machine.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:03:14 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2014, 03:45:30 am »

By the way (not sure what your method is) if you go into the world menu and significantly change the settings , like changing terrain quality settings and texture resolution from default to max, all the terrain will vanish, leaving a white screen you can move around in with only houses and other artificial structures visible.

Yes, it's the method I have used, as well as the object dev tool who makes models even more visible :)

These structures can be seen from ridiculous distances, and its obvious that many have no LOD to speak of, with unknown effects on performance when there are many of them.
Also in this mode, the intermittent "hitch" I mentioned before becomes very evident on my machine.

Blame M7  ;D : it's mostly because of the "appartement building", the "church" and probably the "blue house". These three ones have probably a too high detail for this kind of purpose but I couldn't resist to add them :). The appartement building will probably be removed if I find a model suited for this location, it's already a bit weird to see this big thing in a remote Alaskan location.

Can you do a quick framerate test by removing temporary M7 models from your package directory?

I have a really less powerfull computer than yours and get 34fps with all the models on Talkeetna base campos (12:00), and 45fps without M7 buildings. That's a huge difference... (and the cam is not even close, I lower framerates when I'm close to the buildings).

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2014, 05:29:27 am »

Side note:

I also found a way to increase the height of the objects window, wich is more practical with the number of buildings I have (thanks World2Xplane!). However, Outerra display the modification but the window keep the same size, with two sliders, wich is even less practical than the original layout  ;D.
So, it seems that the window size is hardcoded somewhere, but I couldn't find where it is.

HiFlyer

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2014, 06:34:44 am »

Side note:

I also found a way to increase the height of the objects window, wich is more practical with the number of buildings I have (thanks World2Xplane!). However, Outerra display the modification but the window keep the same size, with two sliders, wich is even less practical than the original layout  ;D.
So, it seems that the window size is hardcoded somewhere, but I couldn't find where it is.

Nah, its not M7's stuff. By the way, I love that church! Have you been inside? Paintings on the walls etc. Its super detailed!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2014, 08:02:45 am »

i suppose, taking just the outer walls and copy them into a LOD4/3/2 and the model itself as LOD1 would be enough to conserve the PC.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2014, 09:27:44 am »

Nah, its not M7's stuff. By the way, I love that church! Have you been inside? Paintings on the walls etc. Its super detailed!

Really? The church is the only empty M7's building for me  :( a big grey square and nothing else.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:53:38 am by Acetone »

HiFlyer

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2014, 09:28:41 am »

I meant the ruined church

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2014, 10:36:16 am »

I meant the ruined church

Oh, ok, ProfessorX's one. Yep, it was the best model in his package :)

M7

« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2014, 10:36:42 am »

Yeah the models i download from the sketchup warehouse are all pretty high in poly. Not too good to place too many of them near by. I tried to make LODs for the church. I had 3 LOD that seems to work perfect, then on the last version, all textures went blank once in Outerra, all white. Did quite a few reimports with different setting to no avail.  :'(

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2014, 11:10:28 am »

Yeah the models i download from the sketchup warehouse are all pretty high in poly. Not too good to place too many of them near by. I tried to make LODs for the church. I had 3 LOD that seems to work perfect, then on the last version, all textures went blank once in Outerra, all white. Did quite a few reimports with different setting to no avail.  :'(

just for them, or for other models too ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20