Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Alaska scenery  (Read 173380 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Alaska scenes
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2014, 04:35:45 am »

Great video aWac9. You are also now a member of the really small club of people who attempted (and succed) at landing the A380 on Talkeetna (wich is'nt even supposed to accept things bigger than a Cessna Caravan)  ;D

About the restriction, it mostly have to do with the music. Pink Floyd use here is a great idea but I think youtube may apply limitations for some countries depending of  the diffusions agreement with the copyrights holders.

aWac9

« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2014, 04:51:49 am »

uploaded to vimeo
Alaska outerra   
confirm that you can see .. thanks

I'm glad everyone can see.
the video has a lot of jumping but I think my graphics card no longer works.
with such difficulty in the video, it comes to mind this phrase:
" undress ...... we need to talk. "
desnúdate .....  tenemos que hablar

:)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:17:36 pm by aWac9 »

thx_nb

« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2014, 05:47:03 am »

Yes, this one I can view. Thanks.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2014, 01:15:12 pm »

I frickin' love Vimeo's player.  It just works... and looks great.  (Unlike the multiple troublesome Youtube players...)

But you may need to watch out... I think they have some Terms against posting video game footage for some reason...  :o
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2014, 01:44:20 pm »

I frickin' love Vimeo's player.  It just works... and looks great.  (Unlike the multiple troublesome Youtube players...)

But you may need to watch out... I think they have some Terms against posting video game footage for some reason...  :o

Vimeo's rules for video game content are pretty random. It seems that the don't remove games videos that have an artistic production value. So this video may not have problems  :)

Meanwhile, in Alaska...

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2014, 05:50:48 pm »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2014, 04:25:26 am »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2014, 04:42:28 am »

Also, I'm surprised by the impact a small mention can have.

Someone posted a link to my morning tour around the 0.4 version album, wich skyrocketed from 34 views to 581 in two days  ;D.
Link to the reddit thread : http://fr.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/2hgrjs/outerra_a_flight_around_alaska/.

The fact that despite having attracted a small attention (6 comments, including mine pointing to this topic), the post have generated so much views is interesting...

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2014, 12:09:10 pm »

Can you do Twin Peaks next time? :D

http://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/twin-peaks-map.jpg

We will need a dwarf model for that  :)
Hey! I think he prefers the term "creepy midget". Twin Peaks would be awesome nonetheless.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2014, 12:18:49 pm »

Yeah, but it would be hard to find a good location, half of the outdoor scenes have been shot in Washington state (various locations), the other half... in California  ;D

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2014, 04:48:02 pm »

SoonTM

(Full album)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2014, 10:26:45 am »

After the remote locations and the multiple airstrips of 0.4, I hope you will enjoy this different type of urban landscape !

This update mostly add a large area in the south/south-east of Talkeetna. I was not planning to go so far away, but I got more free time than expected and have been able to make a full 10*20km zone. To be honest, I'm not sure that I will go much more deeper in this direction. It just takes too much time to build semi-urban areas, and fairly monotonous to work on these.

Full release album

I'm still happy with it, because despite the time spend on it, the result is really cool and makes the Talkeetna approach by the south far more interesting  :)

[Download] v0.5 - 4mb

Changelog :

New
  • *Road layout and building placement for a really large area of the south of Talkeetna
  • *Fields placement in the south-east of Talkeetna
  • *Added a few missing buildings and fields on the west bank of the river
  • *Added Carl's Landing Airstrip (south of Talkeetna)
  • *Added a cool spot for testing cars and trucks
Fixed
  • *Some improvements on Talkeetna (city and airport)
Other
  • *Campos for Carl's Landing
Trivia
  • *You may find a peace sign and a smiley in a field. This is not an easter egg but a real thing :)

New models required in 0.5 ! :

I'm not exactly sure of what will come next. The 1.0 is supposed to cover the whole Talkeetna area but it's almost the case right now. The city is done (some adjustments are still needed), the east is a completely wild zone, the west is done from the fields near the bank of the river to the remote airports near Denali park, the north area go up to Princess Lodge and the south is now way less empty with this update.
Maybe am I gonna work expand the scene to the north :)

Side question: Cameni, do you know at this point if the future roads update could break the roads already made?
Not that I will complain, it's an Alpha, everything can change (for the best) but I should stop working on this scene it it's gonna be broken in a near future  :D)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:45:05 am by Acetone »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2014, 10:32:27 am »

Its pretty nice !
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2014, 02:53:18 pm »

Side question: Cameni, do you know at this point if the future roads update could break the roads already made?
Not that I will complain, it's an Alpha, everything can change (for the best) but I should stop working on this scene it it's gonna be broken in a near future  :D)
Enhanced road format will be a superset of the existing one, with an automatic conversion. There should be only small differences in quantization of individual road parameters.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2014, 03:40:24 pm »

Enhanced road format will be a superset of the existing one, with an automatic conversion. There should be only small differences in quantization of individual road parameters.

Thank you, that's a really good news  :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20