Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Alaska scenery  (Read 174847 times)

Celis

Re: Alaska scenery
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2015, 05:48:21 pm »

Thanks for the scenery.

Really enjoying this amazing engine.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2015, 01:28:57 pm »

Thanks for the scenery.

Thanks Celis!

You can download this version. It's the latest one (not released yet, still in testing) with a lot of fix for buggy textures, and including all the models used in the scene :)

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2015, 03:39:54 pm »

You can download this version. It's the latest one (not released yet, still in testing) with a lot of fix for buggy textures, and including all the models used in the scene :)
Oh, yay.
Until that moment, I thought that there was only the pack containing the coordinates and other technical information about buildings, except for the models themselves, and I was too lazy to download each piece separately. But now, having this, I will definitely give it a shot, thank you!
Did you previously post such a "all-in-one" pack?

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2015, 04:50:54 pm »

Oh, yay.
Until that moment, I thought that there was only the pack containing the coordinates and other technical information about buildings, except for the models themselves, and I was too lazy to download each piece separately. But now, having this, I will definitely give it a shot, thank you!
Did you previously post such a "all-in-one" pack?

Nope, this thing is new, to make installing the scenery easier :)
I'm just waiting a bit before making it a bit more official, to have the greenlight from all the models creators to include their work in the .otx. All of those who responded so far were ok with it :D

Celis

« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2015, 08:15:37 pm »

Thanks for the scenery.

Thanks Celis!

Thanks Acetone, please add to your tutorial, how to share a specific area. I do know how to export a model, but havent found how to share a scenery... :o
hoping that openstreetmap data will be added to import roads information :'(  I'm newbie using outerra sry...

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2015, 03:17:55 am »

Thanks Acetone, please add to your tutorial, how to share a specific area. I do know how to export a model, but havent found how to share a scenery... :o
hoping that openstreetmap data will be added to import roads information :'(  I'm newbie using outerra sry...

Will do but since it's simple, I will give you a small how to first :)

• Make a backup of your cache folder in your Outerra user folder (C:/yourname/Outerra)
  • Go to your Outerra user folder, open eng.cfg. Set the value for "debug_keys =" to "true"
  • Open Outerra, go to the location where the roads and buildings you want to share are.
  • Press Alt+i. Some informations will be displayed on the ground, you are looking at the coordinates, wich will look like "+x/47/6F/E7/00". This is exactly where the location cache data is stored in your cache folder.
  • Explore your scenery to see what cache files are needed. Generally you will not need to go deeper than "+x/47/6F" for example.
  • Go to your cache folder and copy it somewhere else. Delete all the folders and files that are not a part of the data you are using (the logic path you identified above)

Now you have isolated the cache data of your scenery. Don't forget to identify precisely where the scenery is if you share your data, because it will overwrite anything other users may have done in this area if they install it. It's currently not possible to merge two cache datasets.

To share it? Simply create an .otx file!

• Make sure your data is organised in the same logic path than in your Outerra user folder: cache/earth/object/+x/etc.
  • Use 7zip or any other compressing software to zip this package. Rename the pack to scenery_name.otx (default is scenery_name.zip) before compressing

Voilà! You have a ready to share single package of your scenery. Just remember to make a backup of your cache data before testing it!

Celis

« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2015, 12:33:28 pm »

Thank you very much for your time and patience to create and share this sceneries and tutorials; and to Outerra developers to keep this growing... kudos

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2015, 08:56:59 am »

[Download full version] v0.6 - 250mb

Since the few remaining mipmaps issues are not really a problem, here is a first version of the new full package of the scenery, including all the buildings (easier to download).
Thanks a lot to all the models creators who accepted to share their work on this single package:

Levi, NewS, KW71, M7, AnimatedSyn, Mori and Planets !
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:00:44 am by Acetone »

HiFlyer

« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2015, 09:10:19 am »

[Download full version] v0.6 - 4mb

Since the few remaining mipmaps issues are not really a problem, here is a first version of the new full package of the scenery, including all the buildings (easier to download).
Thanks a lot to all the models creators who accepted to share their work on this single package:

Levi, NewS, KW71, M7, AnimatedSyn, Mori and Planets !

Didn't you mean to post the larger version............?  with all the buildings included? =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2015, 10:03:13 am »

Didn't you mean to post the larger version............?  with all the buildings included? =D

Arhh, it's the good one in fact, but I inverted the file size info  :facepalm:

HiFlyer

« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2015, 10:36:09 am »

Arhh, it's the good one in fact, but I inverted the file size info  :facepalm:

Yup, I tested the links and realized what had happened after I posted that.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2015, 01:29:08 am »

Acetone, the links at Outerramods and OuterraModels should probably be updated with the new complete download, as well.

http://www.outerramods.com/

http://outerramodels.com/2015/03/alaska-scene/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:35:31 am by HiFlyer »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2015, 06:36:42 am »

Acetone, the links at Outerramods and OuterraModels should probably be updated with the new complete download, as well.

http://www.outerramods.com/

http://outerramodels.com/2015/03/alaska-scene/

Outerra mods set a 100mo limit per package, I've only included the link to the full package in the description page.
I can't post stuff on outerra models (I'm already using a wordpress account for pro work, can't really use it for this and don't really want to create an other one), but I've already gave them authorization to post my work on the site if I'm credited.

Rudeboy1988

• outerra fanatic
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2015, 03:24:34 am »

Hi, Acetone!
Awesome work!
Now I working on PATK for XPlane10. And if You want I can send you some hangars and airport buildings models. You can see some pics here http://rdesignx.weebly.com, but they are outdated...
If you interested I make a few screenshots of new models tomorrow.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2015, 04:00:41 am »

Hi, Acetone!
Awesome work!
Now I working on PATK for XPlane10. And if You want I can send you some hangars and airport buildings models. You can see some pics here http://rdesignx.weebly.com, but they are outdated...
If you interested I make a few screenshots of new models tomorrow.

Hey Rudeboy!

These models are fantastic!
I'm using some default buildings for PATK right now, so custom buildings would be great. I would be really happy to work with these models, thanks a lot :)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20