Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 10294 times)

Tricky

Hello!
« on: March 17, 2011, 05:25:25 pm »

Zeos has been talking about this procedural engine for some time. After days of being force fed data by him, I am no longer able to hold back.

I have been reading through the heaps of information and ideas put forth and I am literally frothing from the mouth. I would love to see this available to the public and enjoyed by everyone.

But mostly me.

I have a background in GarrysMod, a Source engine mod that allows building and such. Also a huge fan of Minecraft. These two games must of come up in the past. The open ended ideal of players shaping the world they are in makes the depth of a game incredible.

I have had plenty of years wasting my time on video games, I enjoy anything and will try it once just to see if it clicks. I have run servers and tried to give as much helpful comments to the developers, but they turn their face and hide when questioned. From the mood in the forums, I can see a people who are dedicated.

I am happy to be here and hope I can watch this thing succeed. If not, I am down for the ride.

I will offer any ideas, or constructive thought I can, and I hope I do not step on any toes.

Nice to meet you all,

-Tricky

Edding3000

Hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 05:38:53 pm »

Welcome!
Hope you have a good time here!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Hello!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 06:12:40 pm »

Hi Tricky, welcome.
We certainly aren't hiding here, at least not until Zeos starts to fulfill his threats of spreading the word about Outerra on all forums, bringing all those trolls out there here :P

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Hello!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 07:43:43 pm »

Quote from: cameni
Hi Tricky, welcome.
We certainly aren't hiding here, at least not until Zeos starts to fulfill his threats of spreading the word about Outerra on all forums, bringing all those trolls out there here :P
Don't worry about trolls, I can handle them.  The vast majority are pretty poor quality, and can be disposed of quickly.  There's even a whole site devoted to tactics they and you can use.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!