Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 1sec hitches  (Read 9302 times)

HiFlyer

Re: 1sec hitches
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 05:35:50 am »

Ok, I seem to be having some success against this issue. I've been rethinking my computer settings and doing a lot of tests, and finally have the hitch at such a low level that I have to deliberately look for it to notice it.

Its definitely far below its previous annoyance level, though I'm still curious what the issue was.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 01:40:23 pm »

Was this issue ever confirmed and any cause found? One thing I've noticed is that the issue is "contagious" which is to say if I load into Talkeetna and encounter the issue, and then go to another location entirely, the issue will persist even in the new location.

However, If I start the game in a new location and never go to the Talkeetna area, the issue never occurs......

Its very strange.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 03:35:55 pm »

We have done some profiling and there are some unexpected CPU-side spikes on several calls to graphics drivers. It's hard to track them down as everything is asynchronous and the real cause is usually earlier in the pipeline, but we'll keep looking at it. Stuff is always changing there so it's a moving target too.
Some of the spikes are from the known issues (like the unoptimized multi-segment road renderer).

HiFlyer

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 04:26:35 pm »

We have done some profiling and there are some unexpected CPU-side spikes on several calls to graphics drivers. It's hard to track them down as everything is asynchronous and the real cause is usually earlier in the pipeline, but we'll keep looking at it. Stuff is always changing there so it's a moving target too.
Some of the spikes are from the known issues (like the unoptimized multi-segment road renderer).

Ok. As long as I'm not completely insane......

By the way, this issue has been gone for me for quite a while with later builds.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:52:17 pm by HiFlyer »
Pages: 1 [2]