Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: DAE importer bones question  (Read 4184 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
DAE importer bones question
« on: October 23, 2014, 03:30:16 pm »

Hey AngryPig ! Could you add an option in the DAE/COLLADA importer to instantly sellect all meshes as bones ? As i broathening the versions of the Ural i have to hide a ton off stuff for all of the vehicle variations and use a lot of stuff in animation, witch makes the number of bone-less meshes, i dont need, just a few. Its sometimes a pain to select all i need to use somehow in the script, when the number of meshes in my model starts to reach far beyond 100 pieces. If its not as much work, i would greatly appreciate it, cause ...

... i think i will end up like that if all the stuff i want to add to the model is made and i have to select them all manually.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Re: DAE importer bones question
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 04:42:09 pm »

Why not simply rename the pieces/objects you want to use within the script, adding the prefix "BONE_"?
e.g. "swheel" will become "BONE_swheel"

This way you won't have to change anything when reimporting...

PytonPago

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 05:09:56 am »

Why not simply rename the pieces/objects you want to use within the script, adding the prefix "BONE_"?
e.g. "swheel" will become "BONE_swheel"

This way you won't have to change anything when reimporting...

All would have to have it. :D ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 08:07:00 am »

All would have to have it. :D ...
All of them? I mean 10/10? :o that's a lot of bones then... :D

PytonPago

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 09:56:19 am »

Well its maybe 35 of 280 that doesnt need the bone feature ... well, maybe the stuff that needs to be just hidden doesnt need it too. Still, it would be easier pick the not needed than the ones needed for the script in those numbers.  ;D Also, i still plan broadening the model whyte about 2/3 atop of the current number of meshes ...