Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: [Released] Alps scenery  (Read 105304 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: [WIP] LFNA-LFMX scenery
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 04:13:41 pm »

Thanks everybody!

Off topic: I notice that some lights are messed up on the Cessna in your video. And precisely those who are attached to joints; the rotary beacon light the tail navigation light.
That will happen when you remove the first spawned instance. If you do that, then Outerra must be restarted. It happens with the F-117 as well because some lights are attached to joints...
I really hope that this issue will be solved in the future.

Thanks, good thing to know. I noticed the bug, but since this video was only a quick test, it was not a problem :)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 11:31:49 am »

Some improvements here and there.

Few villages near Tallard

Airport is now more detailed

First Gap area layout. This is not planned soon but it will be the largest urban area I've worked on.

Perfect place for gliders :)

Comparisaon shot of the dam. Need some rework but it's already looking fine :)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 11:49:06 am »

Let's put a real dam there, Acetone! Could you tell me the coordinates?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 05:22:30 am »

Let's put a real dam there, Acetone! Could you tell me the coordinates?

Thanks!
Could be possible but the terrain is a problem here (the data elevation will hide most of the bridge). We should probably wait for the 30m elevation dataset :)

However, if you really want to lose time on this, I'm looking for a XIII's century Castle for Tallard :)

I will send you the .otx anyway, if you want to see the current state of the scene :)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 11:20:03 am »

Actually I'm working on a project which takes most of my time. I made the fake bridge to learn about LODs, and it took me only 3 hours. The dam, from the photo I see, would also be simple... but that castle would require more time than I can invest right now.

What if you try to find a free 3d model on the internet, and I could convert it?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 11:35:27 am »

Oh, you can perfectly try the dam, it will be really cool! For the castle it's mostly a joke for myself, since all my attemps to make something with sketchup (either from scratch or by converting) ended up with some ugly bugged madness  =D
I will send you the .otx soon so you can see the location. I'm using the Chapala mesh for the lake, since it's fairly large, it looks better :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2015, 12:16:18 pm »

Oh, you can perfectly try the dam, it will be really cool! For the castle it's mostly a joke for myself, since all my attemps to make something with sketchup (either from scratch or by converting) ended up with some ugly bugged madness  =D
I will send you the .otx soon so you can see the location. I'm using the Chapala mesh for the lake, since it's fairly large, it looks better :)

I wonder it its possible to combine all the water mesh's you have used around talkeetna into one big (Adjusted for earths curvature) supermesh, with no seams.

Obviously the first question is would it even be feasible, but the second is how would Outerra react!!?

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2015, 02:16:19 pm »

Indeed, Chapala mesh takes in account earth's curvature, because is too big.

Here is what I could do: let's wait for the 30m elevation dataset, and I'll figure it out a better solution.

HiFlyer

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2015, 08:50:01 pm »

To outerramods.com!  :))

No offense to whoever created outerramodels.com, but outerramods.com is much cleaner.

Now it just needs to be filled up more.

Well, being me, I wasn't able to just leave things alone.......

I started checking back at the site periodically, and was eventually rewarded with a strange countdown timer where the site once was.

At the end of that allotted time, the site reappeared........

At this kind of weird web address. http://www.jeffcallawayrealty.com/outerra/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:38:03 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 04:32:59 am »

I can still see the countdown, though. 14 hours left: http://outerramodels.com/

HiFlyer

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 04:39:28 am »

I can still see the countdown, though. 14 hours left: http://outerramodels.com/

Try clicking the link I gave.......

Very interesting.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2015, 04:57:27 am »

Try clicking the link I gave.......

Very interesting.
Yes, I already went there. It seems to be an older version of the site it used to be and just parked on that domain...

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2015, 12:42:37 pm »

HiFlyer

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2015, 12:56:49 pm »

Just keep in mind people like me who turn the scenery up. I was glad to find when I maxed out the trees that very few turned up sprouting from the middle of houses, but the dam area did sort of became "The world of the drowning trees."  :)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2015, 01:36:27 pm »

Just keep in mind people like me who turn the scenery up. I was glad to find when I maxed out the trees that very few turned up sprouting from the middle of houses, but the dam area did sort of became "The world of the drowning trees."  :)

I've had tooooo much problems in this area wile cleaning the few trees (with normal forest settings) with original material roads :)
If you are curious, just make a large road in the middle of the lake, and yo will see what will happen  =D

More seriously, everything water related can be considered as a placeholder. I will need more advanced tools to handle that without loosing my mental sanity.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12