Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: scale bone / set_scale ?  (Read 3589 times)

theshanergy

scale bone / set_scale ?
« on: November 08, 2014, 11:03:29 pm »

Is there any way to scale a particular bone/mesh? I know you can scale the whole model along any axis with set_scale() but I can't find a way to make it work on a subset of the model.

I have tried and failed miserably to get a simple coil spring to visually compress (using the nested move and rotate method), but if I can cheat and just scale it along a single axis that would probably work fine.

Anyone know if this is do-able?

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: scale bone / set_scale ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 01:34:07 am »

Think that set-scale thing is just a spawn-event thing (for defining how the model should be big at spawn).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

theshanergy

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 01:37:35 am »

Think that set-scale thing is just a spawn-event thing (for defining how the model should be big at spawn).

What's interesting is that you can actually scale the model on the fly in update_frame by calling set_scale on the geomob object. Makes for some pretty funny behavior if you want to play around with it. Unfortunately none of the nested components seem to support that method :/

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 08:20:45 am »

What's interesting is that you can actually scale the model on the fly in update_frame by calling set_scale on the geomob object. Makes for some pretty funny behavior if you want to play around with it. Unfortunately none of the nested components seem to support that method :/

It probably applies to all meshes in the model  :-\
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.