Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: How to remove runways made?  (Read 3813 times)

tknudsen

How to remove runways made?
« on: November 09, 2014, 03:10:05 pm »

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post, been away for a while due to college.

Just picked up Anteworld again and are now ready to start building.
But I seem to have missplaced the runway, in fact it has digget itself down in the ground and I would like to remove it and start over

How do I do that and is it possible to move it after placement?

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: How to remove runways made?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 03:39:28 pm »

Open road tool (F6), select the runway, click on the small trash can button (next to the "make" one)  :)

Runways use the road vector system so you can modify them and delete them with the road tool.

tknudsen

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 03:42:59 pm »

Thanks Aceton, love your work with Alaska and I am really inspired to start making airports..
Are there any ways to improve the land, i.e to place more trees, add fileds, grass etc.?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:25:35 pm by tknudsen »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 03:04:40 pm »

Thanks Aceton, love your work with Alaska and I am really inspired to start making airports..
Are there any ways to improve the land, i.e to place more trees, add fileds, grass etc.?

Not for the moment, but you can use some hacks involving the road tool. The transitional value not only define an area where the road terrain and the global terrain will blend but also removes trees.

To create fields, I use a very large "original material" road. It does not change the terrain texture so it's only visible when there are trees around. You can also use some of the runway markings on this fake field, to get an interesting effect.

The most important if you want a natural look and avoid most of the bugs related to roads is to use the lead-in and lead-out profile for the first and the last segment of these fields. It will make it blend more seamlessly with the terrain.

Finally, you can toy with the forest parameters in the athmospheric tools tab. It works only globaly but can be interesting to test it  :)

Edit: And of course, good luck with your project  :) !
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:15:40 pm by Acetone »

tknudsen

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 03:42:02 pm »

Thanks