Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ah64 audio  (Read 15753 times)

jskoker

Re: ah64 audio
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 08:20:30 pm »

The .OTX placed the files in the "C:\Users\Username\Outerra\packages\outerra\ah64" folder since it thinks it is an additional addon instead of putting it into the folder for the default AH-64.  All you need to do is copy the files from the aforementioned folder to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Outerra\Anteworld\packages\outerra\ah64" folder and it will work...   ;)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 09:25:07 pm »

Hi, Levi!

The .otx file will be installed under the "user" directory, and will not affect the original AH64, which is in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Outerra\Anteworld\packages\outerra\ah64

Your files should be copied manually to this location; I did it and works great! Thank you!

Or you can create another package whit all the stuff (model and textures) included; then people could spawn your version, instead of the original.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 04:46:11 am »

Oh sorry, on my side it does extract in the correct place :-\ Thank you for reporting it guys :)

Or you can create another package whit all the stuff (model and textures) included; then people could spawn your version, instead of the original.
Here's the standalone version: Download :)

konaone

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 01:47:09 pm »

Excuse me, but then it works for you? I have downloaded the file again, launched, but it does not work !!
I also have some new files of 'AH64 with new textures that will share, but in this case it would not work ??

konaone

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 03:10:47 pm »

Great work !! Thank you all. it works

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »

One request. In a copter, when the collective is modified, what is happening in reality is that the pitch of all the blades is changed at the same time (thus the name of collective) to increase or decrease the vertical impulse. Although there could be an automatic small correction in the RMP you really can't hear the engine sound change, as hapend in cars or planes. Could you fix this, please?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Here is a better explanation.

http://www.phs.com.au/article/how-does-it-fly

"The pilot maintains the Rotor RPM of the Schweizer 300 (a typical light helicopter) between 440 & 460 RPM in flight, and at this speed there is a centrifugal force in excess of 4 tonne trying to wrench each blade out of the rotor hub. With this amount of inertia it is not possible to alter the RPM quickly enough for it to be an effective means of controlling the lift, therefore the only viable means of controlling lift is by altering the pitch angle of the blades.

The pilot controls the helicopter with 4 controls:

The COLLECTIVE lever, which is held in the left hand beside the pilot. When raised or lowered, it increases or decreases the pitch angle of ALL the blades collectively, this in turn, increases or decreases the amount of lift that the rotor system produces."

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:14:47 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 04:20:24 am »

One request. In a copter, when the collective is modified, what is happening in reality is that the pitch of all the blades is changed at the same time (thus the name of collective) to increase or decrease the vertical impulse. Although there could be an automatic small correction in the RMP you really can't hear the engine sound change, as hapend in cars or planes. Could you fix this, please?

... can one hear a change like that for planes whyte changing blade-angles ? (not sure now, if ya can set them separately on those, or if they change based to the RPM themselves (in mechanical or electronic means) to keep the max power for the engines RPM curve ... ).   

... script-animating this must be interesting. Hope some detailed model like that will hit OT someday.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 06:15:14 am »

You're right KW71. I wasn't aware of that.

Try this fix: ah64.js
Standalone version have been updated as well. The links remains the same.
Now the sounds are based on the actual rotor RPMs.

PytonPago, animating that thing would definitely be interesting!

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 10:08:52 am »

Hey! that was fast!

Thank you very much, Levi! I'll  install this sound tonight.

PytonPago, the animation in the video is great, and very useful! Thanks!

" ... can one hear a change like that for planes with changing blade-angles ?"

I can't hear it in other simulators. As they explain, the inertia of those huge blades would prevent the engine from accelerate or decelerate fast enough (not sure if I understood your question)..
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:49:27 am by KW71 »

PytonPago

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 11:03:56 am »

" ... can one hear a change like that for planes with changing blade-angles ?"

I can't hear it in other simulators. As they explain, the inertia of those huge blades would prevent the engine from accelerate or decelerate fast enough (not sure if I understood your question)..

... i just ask, cause it seems to me to be not much of a case, simply cause the blade-specs (area, lenght, space between each, speeds, material (flexing)) seem off to make such air-vibration effects like a choppers main rotor - so shouldnt be as much a case at all by comparison. ( my view that is, have no propeller plane at my back-yard to try that out :D ( would definitely like to have  =D ) ) 

As for the animation - blade-flex (just like the gliders wing-flex) are also in my mind  =D  ... but more complicated, as the angle theyre at the rotor-hub would be affecting the segment flex-angle orientation too ... but DCS has it, We need too !  =D  =D

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 11:22:54 am »

F...!! Black Shark... I would marry her right now!!

"my view that is, have no propeller plane at my back-yard to try that out"

I would invite you to my house to try some of mine, but the planes are dirty and the ashtrays are full  ;)

" but more complicated, as the angle theyre at the rotor-hub would be affecting the segment flex-angle orientation too ... but DCS has it, We need too".

Is matter of time. I guess DCS guys are really scared by now  :).

PytonPago

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 01:44:15 pm »

I would invite you to my house to try some of mine, but the planes are dirty and the ashtrays are full  ;)

... id smear myself in gear-grease if it gets me to a plane again !  =D  =D

Is matter of time. I guess DCS guys are really scared by now  :).

I think its already in BS 2.0 and Huey ...

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 10:25:13 pm »

That's it!! Now is uniform. Thank again, Levi!!
Pages: 1 [2]