Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: TrackIR  (Read 66376 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: TrackIR
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2013, 02:26:39 am »

I have no experience with the Move, but the technology seems to be quite elegant. So basically if you attached a glowing orb to the Rift, detection of the sphere on the camera is fairly simple and fast.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2013, 05:41:15 pm »

If you're using the Rift for rotation, is one enough, or would multiple be better?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2013, 03:54:48 am »

They are using the visible size of the orb to determine the distance, it is enough to find out the position. With multiple ones it could be more precise though.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2013, 05:14:14 pm »

Thought so.  Maybe someday I shall have glowing Playstation Move antlers!  ;D
Then the whole nerd herd will respect me!

I still wonder how smoothly it will work.  Only cam I have is the PS3 version of the PS Eye, and I'm pretty sure there's unofficial PC drivers for it, but I haven't bothered yet.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

foobie42

« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2013, 04:55:33 pm »

PS3 Eye is a superb sensor, CLEye drivers give kind of bad color correction, but framerates are awesome.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2013, 05:09:04 pm »

Cool  ;D

zaelu

• free-track user
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2013, 01:44:40 pm »

I also use a modified PS3 Eye for my Freetrack. I modified 3 or 4 by now and they work great. Minus mine that has a little glitch at starting of the tracking but it is functioning with a "work around". :)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2013, 02:38:10 pm »

Heh, saw someone using those to make an click-glove - just an IR light at the tip of the finger whyte an button on top, so you can use it as a "touch-screen workaround" for classical LCDs - guy used that for the DCS Ka-50 cockpit buttons.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2013, 07:00:33 am »

Cool PytonPago! Do you have any more info on this? I tried googling but came up with empty hands.
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

foobie42

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2013, 07:19:29 am »

cameni, is there any Linux API we could standardize properly, instead of using nothing at all in your codebase, or evdev joysticks and manual cfg edits in case of the eurotruck2 sim?

Please see: <http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=27> in the case of the trucker sim.

PytonPago

« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2013, 07:32:01 am »

Cool PytonPago! Do you have any more info on this? I tried googling but came up with empty hands.

Except you can use normal full finger gloves and the button will be on the fingertip (lighting the IR diode whyte a slight push towards the screen) witch can be under a second layer of textile for making it invisible and not damaging the screen. Saw it in another video like that from a KA-50 sim-pit builder. Its a very interesting thing indeed.

The wii works under PC too, so dont mind the "Wiimote whiteboard" there ...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:33:39 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2013, 07:35:50 am »

Ahh ... here it is :

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2013, 05:10:04 pm »

Wow Python, that's brilliant!!! I want to make one of those!
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

Francous

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2016, 03:13:20 pm »

Hi everyone.. OK this post is about Track IR into Outerra , do we have a fix to make it work or implementation into the engine ?  Thank you

For track IR update ?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:07:29 pm by Francous »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]