Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Alpha] Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk v.0.2.0  (Read 28869 times)

krcm1981

Re: [Alpha] Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk v.0.2.0
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 02:16:11 pm »

Since the new update the 60 doesn't want to lift off the ground, I thought maybe I had to switch the throttle and collective controls but it still wouldn't work, the Apache will fly normally but I can't figure out what's going on with that darn 60.????
U.S. Army CW2 Ret.
153DD UH-60A/L Aviator MedEvac

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 02:19:50 pm »

I'll have an update for it soon, including a working turbine engine.

Best regards,
Uriah

krcm1981

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 02:38:21 pm »

Major thanks goes out to you, Levi and the countless other content creators of Outerra. Awesome work from all!
Putting on the Oculus and climbing into the 60 to go for a spin gives me something I thought I had lost for ever, you gave it back to me, it really is the closest thing to actually flying and with updated flight mechanics and systems it will only push it over everything else that's on the market today(granted DCS UH-1 has more system/mechanics modeled it doesn't have that "feel" of handling like Outerra)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:06:30 pm by krcm1981 »
U.S. Army CW2 Ret.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 03:06:09 pm »

Thanks man! We do it because we enjoy building things, and believe in Outerra.

My hope that more content creators get on board and find a way to work together, collaboratively, towards common goals. Even if our specific interests differ, lying in different areas such civil aviation or combat sim, ground vehicles or spacecraft, the whole idea behind OT is we can bring all of these assets into the same immersive virtual environment, with no limits to the scale of the simulation.

Also, I couldn't agree more, and flying with the OR DK2 in Outerra is a truly incredible experience.

:D Now all we need is a proper 3d model, flight model and a complete virtual cockpit for the Black Hawk!

I'll do my best.

Regards,
Uriah

krcm1981

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 11:28:25 pm »

A long time ago in the sandbox
U.S. Army CW2 Ret.

MrWohoo

• Rotorhead
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 06:56:30 am »

I wish i had the Rift, but i think i'll wait for the release first quarter of '16.. i do hope its fully developed by then :)

So how is the Rift in Outerra ?
Without Sikorsky, we wouldnt be here !

bongodriver

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2015, 07:56:41 am »

Amazing.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2015, 10:52:28 am »

A long time ago in the sandbox

That smirk written across your face says: "What do you drive to work?!"  8)

bomber

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 10:57:01 am »

"My hope that more content creators get on board and find a way to work together, collaboratively, towards common goals. Even if our specific interests differ, lying in different areas such civil aviation or combat sim, ground vehicles or spacecraft, the whole idea behind OT is we can bring all of these assets into the same immersive virtual environment, with no limits to the scale of the simulation."

I also have this same hope that whereas in other sims people see rivalry and competition between different genres "tank mods just take pilots out of the air"... Or "multi crewing just reduces the amount of players controlling vehicles" we refuse to go down that road and actively campaign against it..

I also dislike 'big bang' releases,  keeping things quiet untill it's ready... In a modding community you can end up with multiple teams all working in secrecy on the same problem rather than pooling resources.

I hope we can keep this development forum as nice a place as its become... And on that issue we need to ensure user support has its own place and doesn't create too much 'noise' with the development forum...  Nothing makes people go under ground quicker than a series of posts from irate users demanding their rights.

Simon.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2015, 01:30:00 pm »

Hi there,

I agree with you in general. As you know I'm working with KW71 on the Apache for Outerra, so sometimes it is just necessary not to release during development, as this is an official release, and has many surprises, some of which I haven't even told you about! ;)

Regardless, even if I don't release an entire package, I've done my best to share certain pieces of JavaScript code with people, such as code to calculate azimuth and elevation angles from two ECEF coordinates with ZZZ for his turret targeting script, etc. I've redoubled my efforts to share developments recently as well, and completely understand what you're saying about keeping the development attitude going in the right direction. Openness and transparency are two words which come to mind.

And on that issue we need to ensure user support has its own place and doesn't create too much 'noise' with the development forum...  Nothing makes people go under ground quicker than a series of posts from irate users demanding their rights.

You must be talking about the Support and Updates board^-^

Once we release the Apache I'll be providing a complete Flight Manual and Technical Documentation providing detailed information on how to implement all of the features I've developed for it.

I have to disagree with you on one thing, that is "big bang" releases as you put it. But that's just because I have a serious perfectionist complex, and have a very hard time releasing un-finished work, so that's simply a personal habit. The only reason I even released the UH-60 Black Hawk is because I wanted to demonstrate the navigation HSI system I developed, and had nothing to implement it on. Otherwise I would never released such a terrible 3d model. :) As for the Delta IV Heavy rocket, I just can't bring myself to release it until I have time to finish the 3d model and building flight models for rockets always crashes JSB, no matter what I do, and I've had an extremely difficult time the FDM for the Delta IV.  >:(

In terms of open development, I am all for it. One thing that is difficult for me is working with/ collaborating with people is using the forum boards as the primary means of communication, because it isn't in real-time. This is why I add people I'm working on Skype, and why I recently requested cameni to setup the #outerra IRC channel on the forum so we could exchange communications in real-time while keeping it public, with permanent public logs of the conversations which take place there. I know the IRC channel isn't the best means of communication, but it works for now, and giucam setup the permanent logs for us so everything is recorded and there is a level of transparency, e.g. don't say it if you don't want it public. ;) I'm usually on the IRC channel, if I am awake, and it would sure be nice if more people dropped by!

Best regards,
Uriah

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2015, 02:32:47 pm »

"I also dislike 'big bang' releases,  keeping things quiet untill it's ready... In a modding community you can end up with multiple teams all working in secrecy on the same problem".

I guess bomber is talking about releases without previous propaganda. Imagine, in this case, two teams working in secrecy on the apache... Then, ¡Big Bang!  we have two improved models!!! ... waste of time.

In this case there is information about the project.  Was that your point, Bomber?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

bomber

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 10:11:10 am »

Yes that's exactly my point KW...

Propaganda,  advertising,  maintaining momentum they're all basically words that revolve around the same concept of being a positive community as opposed to a negative community.

You don't have to go far to see examples of negative communities. And don't get me wrong I don't think it's malicious its just that negativity is a self fulfilling prophesy.

It's my belief having seen examples of this type of negativity that this forum has to work hard to counter the natural tendency to spiral into negativity... Even if that means going against our natural fear of releasing half finished work or discussing projects openly out of fear of critism of either direction,  quality or time taken to reach a goal.

one negative post has the same weight of impression as ten positive posts on forums like this. And a series of small positive nudges are worth far more than a single all encompassing post..

An example being Levi doesn't post in two weeks and people post that they hope he's not left.... It's not malicious its just the natural order of things on a forum.

But we have to prevent it from being the predominant natural order.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 10:43:37 am »

An example being Levi doesn't post in two weeks and people post that they hope he's not left.... It's not malicious its just the natural order of things on a forum.

But we have to prevent it from being the predominant natural order.

Simon, it could well be that what has happened with him something, or not and he makes his holidays somewhere, or something ...
But to be honest his silence surprised me and I begin already over him worry to make.
I could only say that we were not quarreling, or otherwise unpleasant things which are passed between us. So, it had to be what's happening with him ...
what else I can not imagine being ... ??? ::)

p.s. I just hope that with him everything is OK, because I have this young already deep in my heart closed...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:57:17 am by AH-DG »
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 10:52:33 am »

"I also dislike 'big bang' releases,  keeping things quiet untill it's ready... In a modding community you can end up with multiple teams all working in secrecy on the same problem".

I guess bomber is talking about releases without previous propaganda. Imagine, in this case, two teams working in secrecy on the apache... Then, ¡Big Bang!  we have two improved models!!! ... waste of time.

In this case there is information about the project.  Was that your point, Bomber?

Yes, I also share her opinion. It's just a waste of time
and I have to talk already tried on this subject.
It will be much better for everyone if we do get together.
Because that will be much more productive than in isolation. :)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Woogey

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 05:59:36 pm »

I apologize if I missed it somewhere, with the proliferation  of VIRTAVIA models here courtesy of Levi, I wonder if it would be possible to import their BlackHawk and of their Chinook Although not a perfect model, it still looks pretty damn good, and has a variety of options. It would make a great accompaniment to the Apache and JBLM.
Pages: 1 [2]