Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: New era of Flight Simulation! Future in FS  (Read 5497 times)

r680ey65

New era of Flight Simulation! Future in FS
« on: February 15, 2015, 08:26:57 am »

Hi creators, visitors and other people who loves flight and can't imagine life without flights! I've read many posts there, but what do You think real about this unknown game Outerra, what kind of game some kids or just one day users want to be ? Like Arma or may be Tanks e.t.c ? I'm a real pilot of 737, so and I usually training my skill fist in MSFS, Prepar3d and XPlane 10, but it's not enough I think something... hm just a plastic world, the plane move not like a plane, when You flight VFR You can't see the picture as a real around the aircraft! So, I've try Your creation like Outerra in DEMO mode and it was amazingly! It was a world like I often see from my working place! Like land, forests, mountains, clouds (clouds it's the best I've ever seen berofe I mean in Flight Simulators). I think if You could make a real this idea to be a Fligh Simulator, many thousand virtual pilots and real pilots, flight agencys will buy your product though for 100-250 USD. As like a Prepar3d which give out as a Flight Sim, (plastic land, world with painted clouds), many people thinking the MSFS, Prepar3d and XPlane have not future, exactly no future! So I'm ready to buy DEMO and done product when I'm definitely will be know You can do a Flight Sim! p.s many people of all over the world waiting Your decision! The best work in the world! Thnx! Mr. B.Alexei. Russia

HiFlyer

Re: New era of Flight Simulation! Future in FS
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 09:29:31 am »

Hi creators, visitors and other people who loves flight and can't imagine life without flights! I've read many posts there, but what do You think real about this unknown game Outerra, what kind of game some kids or just one day users want to be ? Like Arma or may be Tanks e.t.c ? I'm a real pilot of 737, so and I usually training my skill fist in MSFS, Prepar3d and XPlane 10, but it's not enough I think something... hm just a plastic world, the plane move not like a plane, when You flight VFR You can't see the picture as a real around the aircraft! So, I've try Your creation like Outerra in DEMO mode and it was amazingly! It was a world like I often see from my working place! Like land, forests, mountains, clouds (clouds it's the best I've ever seen berofe I mean in Flight Simulators). I think if You could make a real this idea to be a Fligh Simulator, many thousand virtual pilots and real pilots, flight agencys will buy your product though for 100-250 USD. As like a Prepar3d which give out as a Flight Sim, (plastic land, world with painted clouds), many people thinking the MSFS, Prepar3d and XPlane have not future, exactly no future! So I'm ready to buy DEMO and done product when I'm definitely will be know You can do a Flight Sim! p.s many people of all over the world waiting Your decision! The best work in the world! Thnx! Mr. B.Alexei. Russia

WOW!!!!  :o =D

I'm glad you like Outerra, I'm mot sure we get that many serious pilots here, so a big welcome to the forum!

That being said..... Paragraphs are our friends!!!  :o :o =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 02:44:16 pm »

Yet mostly just fan-art work there, as a flight-sim isnt the real thing the creators have in mind themselves (doe, there were some wanting to do as Cameni wrote once). Its still a really long run till the engine is finished and it gets worked out for flight simulation, but there are a few guys here having similar thoughts even about some very advanced flight dynamics.

I myself would like it to be a all-kind simulator in one if it will be reasonably possible. Still, needs the alpha getting more like final and some people willing to use it commercially this way.   

But im sure, it will be before that point, that some good skilled people start working on such things on their own in a modding spirit once more and more stuff is updated into the engine, needed for such work to be done.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 03:16:14 pm »

For me there is no doubt there will be a FS based in OT, early or late. This engine looks so good that I think is impossible it pass unnoticed for some one who wants to start this kind of project. I would be more than happy to work in such thing, thats why i'm preparing for it.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 04:15:23 pm »

Yet mostly just fan-art work there, as a flight-sim isnt the real thing the creators have in mind themselves (doe, there were some wanting to do as Cameni wrote once). Its still a really long run till the engine is finished and it gets worked out for flight simulation, but there are a few guys here having similar thoughts even about some very advanced flight dynamics.

I myself would like it to be a all-kind simulator in one if it will be reasonably possible. Still, needs the alpha getting more like final and some people willing to use it commercially this way.   

But im sure, it will be before that point, that some good skilled people start working on such things on their own in a modding spirit once more and more stuff is updated into the engine, needed for such work to be done.

For me, it seems it will eventually come down to a choice between whether the developers want to push the cart (fast!) or run behind it (slow).

With military simulation involved (we've already seem the helicopter in the TitanIM demo) it seems a no brainer that aircraft and systems are going to be part of (at the very least) the military initiative.

Will the developers lead the effort themselves, or simply provide the tools that others go ahead with?

Either way, it seems flight simulation is part of almost any successful Outerra future.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:24:40 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 10:55:53 am »

With regards flight sims,  if you think about it the era of flight covers a large area of technical advancement..

Now I understand that folk like all the bells n whistles of a modern era plane but considering where outerra is,  in its infancy, we'd be better off concentrating plane development in the infancy of flight... Developing skills to tackle the relatively simple problems we'd encounter.

Put simply outerra today is capable of doing a simulation upto 1939, probably even later.

The problem is the desire in folk to run before they can walk, that and getting a team together of like minded individuals.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell