Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Which Oculus Runtime version was used to integrate Rift?  (Read 3386 times)

gtrdrt

Which Oculus Runtime version was used to integrate Rift?
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:29:21 pm »

Hi - As some may know, the Oculus folks are going to release a new Runtime version soon (0.7). Unless the Anteworld devs used Runtime version 0.6* or above to integrate the Rift, Anteworld won't work for people who've installed the new Runtime version.

So in order to decide if I want to install 0.7, I'd like to know which Runtime version the Anteworld devs used to integrate the Rift, because I doubt I'll want to install the new Runtime if Anteworld won't work with it.

*I'm not certain about that number; it might be an earlier version. Regardless, I'd still need to know which Runtime version Anteworld used.

Thanks...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Which Oculus Runtime version was used to integrate Rift?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 02:22:07 pm »

It was build with version 0.4.4.
Unfortunately Oculus API is still quite unstable and each version brings more complications for integration in OT. Hopefully it will be getting more robust ...

gtrdrt

Re: Which Oculus Runtime version was used to integrate Rift?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 04:11:53 pm »

...Hopefully it will be getting more robust ...
They're saying 0.7 will be more robust, if I'm not mistaken. For one thing, they're getting rid of Extended Mode, and only Direct Mode will be available, but I think it's supposed to be an improved Direct Mode and quite a bit more robust.

I hope the devs have nothing but smooth sailing in their efforts to get Anteworld capable of using the 0.7 Runtime. -- 0.7 is supposed to be a pretty big deal. Best wishes...  :)