Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Magic Leap  (Read 2959 times)

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
Magic Leap
« on: December 11, 2015, 01:19:29 am »

So today I stumbled upon a news article with a title "What's this magic?: An AR project Magic Leap got $1.5 billion of funds without even showing the product".
http://www.magicleap.com
Description of the project is kinda interesting and surely ambitious. However, when I saw the videos it seemed a bit unrealistic and too polished for an actual AR environment.

Like there:

Youtube comments also are full of criticizing opinions because developers won't show any actual hardware or how it works. Then I went to the project website seeking some technical information. But instead there is a blog where posts have a single idea "We are wizards and we can't wait to release Magic Leap for you".

The question: is there actually something to be suspicious about, or is the company just keeping the information under lock and key until the release (but then it becomes unclear, why would you make a CGI video as a demonstrator of a product, deliberately deceiveing users), or the technology just went so advanced that it's just beyond our comprehension?

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Magic Leap
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 03:56:40 am »

Aren't these the two devs from Valve who quit (or have been fired) after the studio turned to VR rather than AR?

Edit: Nope, these are CastAR.

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
Re: Magic Leap
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 04:04:19 pm »

So many activities! Imagine Outerra as a hologram - I beliveve that qualifies as Inception.