Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Outerra becoming moody  (Read 31859 times)

aWac9

Re: Outerra becoming moody
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 02:59:36 pm »

"Pues bien, si se ponen las profundidades derecha, un tanque o un soldado que va demasiado profundo irá burbble burbble ........ Gluck!  = D"

how is that not occur to me?  :facepalm:
I thought as reinforce the view over the water that is actually raining.
..jejej is an idea.  ^-^

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:02:47 pm by aWac9 »

HiFlyer

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 04:29:24 pm »

"Pues bien, si se ponen las profundidades derecha, un tanque o un soldado que va demasiado profundo irá burbble burbble ........ Gluck!  = D"

how is that not occur to me?  :facepalm:
I thought as reinforce the view over the water that is actually raining.
..jejej is an idea.  ^-^

I thought of that too, but wasn't sure if it might have a bad impact somehow on frames. I posted this video here a while ago when I was thinking about rain.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:59:08 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

sniperwolfpk5

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 01:25:27 am »

Really nice. But over all the progress is slow

HiFlyer

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 10:53:47 am »

Really nice. But over all the progress is slow

Youtube reactions are interesting
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 03:56:13 pm »

Too dang huge! Gotta use shadowplay!  =D

I tried, but  could not get the damn thing to work under Win10. Google full of complaints too.

HiFlyer

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 07:46:28 pm »

Too dang huge! Gotta use shadowplay!  =D

I tried, but  could not get the damn thing to work under Win10. Google full of complaints too.

:o Thats hilarious!  =D

Jagerbomber

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 11:37:31 pm »

The stability of Shadowplay has always been hit and miss... and then crash.  It's a hell of a lot more stable than it used to be and when it worked it was pretty nice for the small performance hit.  But I haven't used it in a long time.  I tried out Nvidia's broadcasting to Youtube, which is pretty new, but it was hugely crashy.  They might have improved it in the last Experience update, but I'm pretty much good with with OBS right now for the most part.  Even if streaming and being lazy about it is lower quality than recording since it's restricted to much lower bandwidth.

But again, when Shadowplay is stable, it is pretty nice, if you don't REALLY want the losslessness of FRAPS (or maybe even OBS recording set up properly).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:40:14 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

HiFlyer

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 02:58:21 am »

Yup, I guess I thought it was kind of funny cause' I just assumed no program would dare not work right when an actual programmer was around, for fear of being summarily decompiled.  :))

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 11:28:42 am »

I admit that afterward I looked into libraries that can be used to access the hardware video encoders on the GPU :D

As if I had nothing better to do.

HiFlyer

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 12:45:40 pm »

I admit that afterward I looked into libraries that can be used to access the hardware video encoders on the GPU :D

As if I had nothing better to do.

I'm not a bit surprised......  :))

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 04:15:54 pm »

Can't wait to experience this for myself! I can already imagine taking a slow drive in the rain wearing my oculus rift. So the big question is everybody's mind: when? :D

M7

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 11:54:16 am »

Those water edges are amazing.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 12:25:17 pm »

A nice stream I found in the forest (tweaking OSM import and river rendering).

Occams Razer

• Freelance Graphic and Game Designer, 3D Artist
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2016, 10:14:57 pm »

Looks awesome.

I know that lakes are a whole different can of worms, being based on variable sea level while this shares more with roads, but how does this impact areas where lakes connect with rivers? Do the rivers just end where the lakes begin? And for that matter, can these smoothly connect with other rivers and/or the ocean? I'm sorry if I seem inquisitive, I'm just curious as to how much is happening here.

aWac9

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 05:43:10 am »

I like very nice.
It will not be useful if,,
Corps of Engineers US Army has made available to users a spreadsheet program on courses of rivers, etc .. cuadal HEC-RAS download is free and can help solve some calculations that may be necessary in outerra ..

http://www.hec.usace.army.mil/software/hec-ras/downloads.aspx
Pages: 1 [2] 3