Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help with .js?  (Read 8736 times)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Re: Help with .js?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 01:44:37 pm »

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

zzz

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 01:14:23 pm »

This really isn't my Forte...
Borrowing code from the default vehicles gives me an error:
'use of const in strict mode' - Im baffled.

In the objdef file turn "strict" : true to "strict" : false

Strict mode is where it "fails" the code every time best practices aren't used.

I actually made a simple car JS file myself with working gearbox.

https://s14.postimg.org/hqnmy3fq9/screen_1478801384.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/?ajzfqelbkqlntpy

It was only a proof-of-concept and there's no code to make it stall when revs are too low, but I'm hoping it's simple enough to follow.

StrakanXJ

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 04:09:36 pm »

Thank you, I meant to say so sooner but I've been starting a new job and had to put the 3D work on hold.
As a proof of concept it certainly works, just wish I understood it better haha.
I am slowly working away with my M3 model, it was an old project with some bad topography and theres a lot of detail so im working away at tidying it up. Sends the poly count up a little though :/
I also started a couple other models, I prefer to be able to swap between different interesting projects to ease the strain :P
Spitfire, 6x6 DAF truck, A-160(?) helicopter...
I want to make a few sail boats and ships too, inspired by Andflys beautiful Sailboat.
Er, also been working on a few World Monuments, to give my planet some character. So far only Cheops Pyramid (although its a rough placeholder for now)...but a couple of smaller buildings such as Scott Monument, Edinburgh. Which incidentally marks one end of the A7, a road I am mapping from Edinburgh down to Carlisle (Currently at Galashiels, my home town) as a familiar road to test my vehicles on.
Im not exactly a perfectionist but I would like to get everything to a standard I deem acceptable before sharing...Ill post pics though as I get time...
(Still needing any and all help with .js and Outerra in general. Always looking to learn!)
Pages: 1 [2]