Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Character Animation  (Read 6208 times)

andfly

Re: Character Animation
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 11:38:40 am »

Well...
I thank you for the compliments even if they are definitely exaggerated.
If you want to see true magic you can re-watch this movie:

I certainly did not mean to denigrate or downplay the system of animations built with graphics programs.
They remain a wonderful method and the only one that can be implemented if you want to animate a large number of characters at the same time.
The possibility, then, to record even small clips and connect them in a video editor, makes it an affordable and highly satisfying tool.
The final effects are very pleasant ... and your works prove it.

I was just trying to underline how the direct programming method of movements can open even wider and more exciting perspectives.
It requires a little more of initial effort and a little "struggle" with trigonometry and rotations, but allows the total control of the models under all circumstances.
You can program individual movements, or entire sequences, with maximum freedom of action ...

it's not a small thing.
If we add that the action takes place in a realistic and beautiful environment like the world of Outerra ...
Well ... really 15 dollars well spent !!!    :D :D :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:50:05 am by andfly »
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

patmarrnc

Re: Character Animation
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 12:54:19 pm »

Well...
I thank you for the compliments even if they are definitely exaggerated.
we might have to agree to disagree on whether or not my observations about you are exaggerations.  I stand by my statements

If you want to see true magic you can re-watch this movie:
indeed, this is awesome... and a bit troubling to me, because if it is ever implemented, I'm guessing the stuff I am currently using will go away.  ;-(

I certainly did not mean to denigrate or downplay the system of animations built with graphics programs.
I didn't take it that way. My intent was to point out that Outerra can be used in more than one way with animation.  I mentioned this distinction because I think there is a tendency for people to get locked into one paradigm,and maybe see Outerra as "only" a game engine, where models have to be totally controllable with a game controller.  I know people who use it in other ways, and I think the user base might grow if the world sees it as a product that might be useful in more than one way.

I was just trying to underline how the direct programming method of movements can open even wider and more exciting perspectives.
It requires a little more of initial effort and a little "struggle" with trigonometry and rotations, but allows the total control of the models under all circumstances.
You can program individual movements, or entire sequences, with maximum freedom of action ...

it's not a small thing.
If we add that the action takes place in a realistic and beautiful environment like the world of Outerra ...
Well ... really 15 dollars well spent !!!    :D :D :D

indeed! I agree completely!

Pages: 1 2 [3]