Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FBX Importer Error : msg here!  (Read 7841 times)

e21baur

Re: FBX Importer Error : msg here!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 05:37:34 am »

ok, it says its complete but the nvcompress.exe will not execute, the import take 0.5 sec, with nvcompress.exe working u will get a dos window up for each jpeg converted to direct draw texture (dds files?), making total render time 10-20sec, not 0.5 and no gfx files converted, only the fbx file.
did a new system os install, with redist package 2010 and all updates. still nothing, updated the nvcompressor tool, but it worked only twice !!!! same test with same file will not render at all... got it to work 2 times for 100 attempts by only changing the filename adding 222222 after filename. is there a external converter so i can convert skechup files (2014) to outerra?
or a command line option for nvcompress.exe so i can get the jpeg convert?
got a amd hd 7770 gfx card with i5, should nvcompress.exe work better with nvidia cards ?

e21baur

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 06:17:05 am »

got it to work with the import.... tried jpg dds converter and png dds converter but no texture but i can live without texture as long as i get this....

the nvcompress.exe is that converting the jpeg/png to dds ?? then its there the problem lays, tried jpeg -) dds and png -) dds converter but the final import is all greyed out....
Ooh joy if the import would work, what a sandbox this would be for everyone... i having plans for making my home village from ww2 with all buildings and such. but greyed out bunkers and guns is alright, but will it be more buildings and models in the final release ?

e21baur

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 06:24:54 am »

oh i forgot to mention, when using the outerra fbx importer the dds files will not "copy" to gamefolder, only pkg, objdef, and mtl. i tried to convert the jpeg and png with a external dds converter and then copy the dds files to gamefolder where the imports are, but its all still grey.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 12:29:37 pm »

oh i forgot to mention, when using the outerra fbx importer the dds files will not "copy" to gamefolder, only pkg, objdef, and mtl. i tried to convert the jpeg and png with a external dds converter and then copy the dds files to gamefolder where the imports are, but its all still grey.

Hi,

You have to open the xxx.mtl -file and fix it by hand. So for each object its designated DDS file to be registered.

Gruß,
Stefan
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:21:08 pm by AH-DG »
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Pages: 1 [2]