Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: OUTERRAMODS.com  (Read 5024 times)

patmarrnc

OUTERRAMODS.com
« on: November 20, 2017, 12:16:53 pm »

Somehow I found Levi Cire's website OUTERRAMODS.COM, and it looks like a great idea!

https://www.outerramods.com/

I'm a little surprised to see that most of what's uploaded has been there for several years, and there doesn't look like a lot of activity since.  I like the idea of one place to go for models that have been adapted to Outerra's requirements, and I'd like to start adding some of my own static buildings unless there is some reason why the site isn't overflowing with models to DL. (space requirements? preference for vehicles over static models?)

If uploading static models is encouraged, I'd like to do so... but if it ISN'T encouraged, I'd also like to know that.

Presently it looks like a "best of the best" collection, and I completely understand if space limitations are such that you want to limit uploads to vehicles of comparable quality.

Given the undeveloped/natural state of the planet, I'm working on log cabins, wood sheds, hand crank wells, Log forts and other primitive settler-type structures.  Please advise if such would be OK to post there

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Re: OUTERRAMODS.com
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:21:09 pm »

Hi there Pat!

This website is relatively new and it still needs some more polishing, so that's why I haven't actually made it public here on the forums, but since you've found it, here you have it people! 😅😋

I believe these mods were uploaded somewhere in the first or second quarter of 2017, but I changed the upload date to match the date these mods were first released here on the forums.😋

The website has unlimited storage and bandwidth, so feel free to submit any kind of mods you have, there's no such thing as preference for one thing over the other.

As for the quality of the mods, I haven't set any standards yet, so anything that's considered a mod is welcomed.🙂

To upload your mods, please use the submit form. As you'll be the first to use that feature, please feel free to report back if you encounter any kind of issue.🙂

Be aware that when you submit your mod, it will NOT be immediately published, but will be held for review and it might actually take a while to go online. (I travel a lot, so it will be when I have access to my PC 😋)

patmarrnc

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:36:03 pm »

oops! Sorry for forcing you into the public eye before you were ready... but in my opinion, what you call "unpolished" looks absolutely stellar to my eyes! And a great concept too!

Not to mention the fact that your models are enviable in every way.. I can't believe there isn't a price tag attached!

What you've done is not only an accomplishment in its own right, it's also a real gift to the Outerra community. On behalf of everybody here, I want to thank you

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 03:04:22 am »

No need for apologizing, in fact I have to thank you for giving it a push, as it's development has been in a rather  neutral state for quite some time now.

And thank you very much for such kind words Pat, I truly appreciate it! :)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 10:58:51 am »

Haha, surprise suppressed!!!

Thanks for working on that, Levi!  :D
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 01:14:00 pm »

Haha, surprise suppressed!!!
LMAO =D