Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: ability to dynamically resize imported objects  (Read 2983 times)

patmarrnc

ability to dynamically resize imported objects
« on: April 10, 2018, 11:49:44 am »

I want to start by saying I am total fan of Outerra. I think it's awesome in every way. However, there is one change that would make it even more useful to me as an animator who has accumulated a bunch of 3D assets that are sized appropriately for other environments.

If there was a way to dynamically resize imported objects it would save me a lot of work, and it would also keep me from having to maintain multiple libraries of the same assets.

I know there is a resizing feature at the import stage, but it is much more convenient to drag a slider and watch an object grow or shrink to match its surroundings.

Having said all that, I will continue to enjoy enjoy Outerra whether or not that functionality is ever added. I'm just dreaming out loud.  (It might be worth mentioning that I've gotten a number of my animator friends interested in Outerra, and the number one question they always ask me is whether or not there is a way to dynamically resize imported objects.  Maybe artsy types tend to be more visual in their approach?)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: ability to dynamically resize imported objects
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 12:23:36 pm »

Cache (where the placed objects are stored) format doesn't have scaling, but new object dataset for our city import does. We will be extending the cache format to be compatible with the object storage, and the only remaining thing is adding it into the scenery editor.

patmarrnc

Re: ability to dynamically resize imported objects
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 02:54:33 pm »

Cache (where the placed objects are stored) format doesn't have scaling, but new object dataset for our city import does. We will be extending the cache format to be compatible with the object storage, and the only remaining thing is adding it into the scenery editor.

Wow! That is a much more encouraging response than I dared to hope for!  Thank you very much for taking time to reply and shed light on future plans for Outerra!