Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: fly77 routing navmap (release)  (Read 2142 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
fly77 routing navmap (release)
« on: January 21, 2023, 07:23:36 am »

Hi verybody ! I am glad to share with you my navigation map which includes a interactive routing tool.
This mod will make finding your way by car in outerra much much easier and more interesting and fun !

Adding routes to outerra is an idea that has long been on the wanted list and finally its possible with this mod.
The map is based on leaflet and leaflet-routing machine.

download the mod from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14cUPQ6GvErq2lajDflDVMv98gUPUYusa?usp=sharing

installation instructions:

1) drop the files

"myLeafletmap.html"
"leaflet-routing-machine-styles.css"
"leaflet-routing-machine.js"
"arrow.png"
"fly77_plugin.dll"
"fly77menu_plugin.dll"

into the ../Anteworld/plugins folder

2) drag the "ot.cfg" file into defaults/iomap  folder in the root folder ( outerra/Anteworld/defaults/iomap)  make a copy of the "ot.cfg" file beforehand
drag the "ot.cfg" file also into iomap in your user folder  (for example username/Outerra/iomap)  make a copy of the "ot.cfg" file beforehand

3) click on self-installing leafletMap.otx file

how to use:

under vehicles menu (F3) type "map" and you will see a "vehicle" named leafletmap.
Spawn it. This will start the map mod.

To show the map press the y key !

(note the default outerra map is not affected..its still there if you want by pressing m key ..but I doubt you would want to use it
after you have experienced this much better map)

press y key again to hide the map

pan/drag shown map area with left mouse-button pressed

zoom with mousewheel or +/- buttons on the map

your position and heading are shown by the blue arrow marker

if you enter a vehicle or plane or boat in whatever camera mode (follow camera or first person camera) it will show correctly and precisely the
vehicle/plane/boat position which is at the arrow tip.

to create a route click "create route" button: a short default route to the north will be generated that you can modify by dragging the
destination marker to the location of your interest.

When you create a route the driving instructions are shown in a box to the right.

by clicking on the entries in the list you can show the corresponding waypoints which will be highlighted on the route
as blue circles until the mouse is hovering over the selected entry in the list

if you want to hide the driving instructions box you can collapse it by clicking on the red cross.
Click in the resulting minimized driving instructions box to show it again.

you can add waypoints to the route by clicking on the route, which will add more markers that you then can drag to the
waypoints you like

theoretically leaflet routing engine also supports deleting waypoints but I couldn't get this to work for now, but if you
have added a wrong waypoint just drag it to the correct waypoint position or completely delete the route and create a new one

to delete a route click on "clear route" button.

have fun !

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 11:41:57 pm by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: fly77 routing navmap (release)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 12:40:03 am »

Important note: today 25-1-2023 i noticed that ot.cfg was missing. Added it to the download and updated installation instructions. Please redownload and reinstall.