Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: accessing vegetation and climatic data from script  (Read 4300 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
accessing vegetation and climatic data from script
« on: October 06, 2019, 02:43:00 am »

I wondered if it is posible to call from javascript or c++ the vegatation and climatic data that ingame is possible to get via the shift+TAB key (attached image).
Would be eventually useful to create a local custom soundscape.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:02:44 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: accessing vegetation and climatic data from script
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 01:50:44 am »

hmm..thinking again about this, the vegetation data is probably not that useful for generating different sounds for different locations....I'll rather use a city database to generate local traffic sounds plus airport database to generate some airport sounds locally. Any suggestion which is a good way to use a database in outerra ? Free databases I found are between 1 Mbyte and 8 Mbyte. I thought I can include them somehow in the JS file as an array. Any better idea accessible to us modders ?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:21:37 am by fly77 »

josem75

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 06:16:52 pm »

hmm..thinking again about this, the vegetation data is probably not that useful for generating different sounds for different locations....I'll rather use a city database to generate local traffic sounds plus airport database to generate some airport sounds locally. Any suggestion which is a good way to use a database in outerra ? Free databases I found are between 1 Mbyte and 8 Mbyte. I thought I can include them somehow in the JS file as an array. Any better idea accessible to us modders ?

You are the new amazing mind in Outerra mods. And never stop thinking in new things

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 06:36:18 pm »

There are so many possibilities in outerra once you get a grasp on the API  ! !   
I try lots of ideas -  pushing them forward all  ...Those that arrive fastest to a useable result I will release..leaving the others to mature meanwhile. Some results come along the way unexpectedly  =D
Thanks josem75  ^-^