Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: FSX rework...  (Read 9953 times)

Jason9001

FSX rework...
« on: May 04, 2010, 05:24:20 pm »

You engine project is the best i ever have seen and i will ask you if the engine can replace the old FSX engine. There are some work in it and i know, but if it can replace the old and ugly FS2002 and 04 texture engine so it can run on its own. When you run FSX, you need more system power then normal and thats because the 02 and 04 texture engines.

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
FSX rework...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 07:14:02 pm »

Nice idea.  Why don't you post a link to this site on some prominent FSX forums to get people aware?
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
FSX rework...
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:02:04 am »

I don't think it can be easily done - the engine works rather differently and you can't just take the texturing component from it and use it in FSX. The only way would be to use it complete for all scenery rendering, leaving the system's simulation on FSX. I don't know if FSX allows such a mode, though.

Anyway, the effort needed would be still very high, probably comparable to making an entirely new simulator. And the result would be worse. And I doubt there will be anybody willing to invest in such a project for other reasons as well.

Jason9001

FSX rework...
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 03:45:09 pm »

If i remeber right microsoft have got some new people in the FS team and they know all the tegnologies in FSX and i'm sure they can join a so super project to remake it.

:D

- The good with it is FSX will then be a topclass sim and i'm sure you can get money for it. I'm ready to join that project if it can go and it will be something big. FSX kill my frames and with a new outstanding engine, i'm 100% it will be much better more real, more fantastic graphic better dynamic etc.